Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joined the crash club Monday :(

Old 12-19-2013, 03:02 PM
drummer829
1st Gear Member

Surprised they didn't declare it totaled. It especially sucks when/if you decide to sell it in the future.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:17 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by drummer829
Surprised they didn't declare it totaled. It especially sucks when/if you decide to sell it in the future.
are u talking about OP's car? why would it be totaled its a 2013 gt premium lol?

sure it still worth much more than the cost to fix that damage
Old 12-19-2013, 09:48 PM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

Its so scary to think we pay so much a month for insurance, and modifications and etc to our cars, and it only takes one jerk without insurance to run into us and we can lose our car if the damage is bad enough?!
Your loss might not be covered, but you can always keep the car ..... it's just a matter of how much loss you can stand.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:54 AM
GT50GO
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by J95SNAKE
I was hit in Louisiana. Coincidentally, a study was released showing Louisiana has the worst drivers in the country.
So sorry to hear about your wreck! I saw that report on the news and yes Louisiana was #1, Texas was #4 (I'm surprised it wasn't higher!). Glad you wen't hurt!

Here's a link to the worst drivers by state
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...tates/4025109/

Last edited by GT50GO; 12-20-2013 at 06:12 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:24 AM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by tbear853
Your loss might not be covered, but you can always keep the car ..... it's just a matter of how much loss you can stand.
That's why Insurance is so high. In Maryland you have on your insurance policy what is called uninsured motorist insurance, which covers people who do not have insurance. The worst State with uninsured motorist is Virginia on the East Coast. Most Cars that will not pass inspection here in Maryland will either go to Delaware or Virginia to be sold.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:30 AM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by GT50GO
So sorry to hear about your wreck! I saw that report on the news and yes Louisiana was #1, Texas was #4 (I'm surprised it wasn't higher!). Glad you wen't hurt!

Here's a link to the worst drivers by state
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...tates/4025109/
I do not believe that whole report. I want to know why New York is not in the top 5, those drivers up there are crazy, especially the cab drivers.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:01 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Originally Posted by B's 5.0
I do not believe that whole report. I want to know why New York is not in the top 5, those drivers up there are crazy, especially the cab drivers.
I dont believe any report that doesn't have L.A. at the top of the list for worst traffic accidents/drivers.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:40 AM
J95SNAKE
1st Gear Member

If I had not swerved I think I would have had some type of injury and more damage. Companies will total out a car at around 60%-70% of value which I am around 30%. I am going to file a diminished value claim against her insurance (assuming she is insured). I expect a hassle but a wrecked vehicle is never worth the same post-crash no matter how good the repair is.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:52 AM
GT50GO
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by J95SNAKE
I am going to file a diminished value claim against her insurance (assuming she is insured). I expect a hassle but a wrecked vehicle is never worth the same post-crash no matter how good the repair is.
Good idea, some insurance companies will fight you tooth n nail but if that's the case get a professional that does this for a living (lots out there) to do a report and tell them you won't stop until your price is met. I had a $8000 wreck damage in 2010 on another vehicle and I did this with her insurance (AAA) and they fought me hard, they even acted like they didn't know what I was was talking about. I had a professional work up done and even had to file a small claims suit and they still didn't budge. When we went to mediation prior to court they finally gave up. So hang in there and don't back down. On the other hand a co-worker was dealing with Progressive on a diminished value claim and they just straight out paid him the full amount he was asking without a word.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Silver_Stang_05
1st Gear Member

Grrrrrrrrr, I cannot STAND seeing girls and their phones on the road (and yes, I know guys do it to). Even my wife, soon as she leaves the house see get's on the phone. She at least uses the bluetooth in the car, but damn, isn't there enough going on in the car??? I honest saw a woman on the freeway the other day with her iPad placed on her steering wheel typing away. Anytime I see **** like that I yell at them to hang up and drive! My wife know's if I'm driving I won't even answer the phone....I mean how can one drive, shift and hold a beer be expected to answer a phone!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Joined the crash club Monday :(