Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 12-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
08V6mod

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6
Exclamation All Electrical Not Working, Urgent Help Needed!

Hey everyone,

I just installed new Raxiom headlights in my í08 v6 and now NOTHING works. Here is a video to show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEKY...ature=youtu.be
Do I need to just replace that fuse/relay number 21 or is it more?
Please help ASAP
Thank you!!

--Jake
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
08V6mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:13 AM   #2
petrock
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: '98 3.8L Mustang Convertible

You definitely messed something up.

That little black box you pulled is a relay. The buzzing isnít the relay itself, it is probably the electrical component that it controls that is making the noise. Relays are just electro-magnetic switches. The only moving part is a little piece of metal for the internal switch. Anyway, you can try swapping that relay with another one in the fuse box and see if it makes a difference. I doubt it, but you can try.

Since pulling the relay stops the buzzing, that would suggest you have a short somewhere in that circuit. I donít know what the relay controls. You should look in your owners manual for that info. I suspect it has something to do with your headlight install since that is the last thing you touched.

Good luck...
Old 12-21-2013, 05:03 AM   #3
torybella

Vehicle: 2010
Send a message via AIM to torybella Send a message via Skype™ to torybella

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrock View Post
You definitely messed something up.

That little black box you pulled is a relay. The buzzing isnít the relay itself, it is probably the electrical component that it controls that is making the noise. Relays are just electro-magnetic switches. The only moving part is a little piece of metal for the internal switch. Anyway, you can try swapping that relay with another one in the fuse box and see if it makes a difference. I doubt it, but you can try.

Since pulling the relay stops the buzzing, that would suggest you have a short somewhere in that circuit. I donít know what the relay controls. You should look in your owners manual for that info. I suspect it has something to do with your headlight install since that is the last thing you touched.

Good luck...
What he said!
Old 12-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=40
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT/SS

The best thing to do is to start simple. Unplug your new headlight wire harness first then try turning the key and see it that fixes the issue, if it does then you can then just start checking you install of that for the real cause of your problem. Most likely, you have a dead short (where one of the hot wires is touching metal) or ground issue.

'2011 Mustang Forum Ride of the Year"

My 5.0 Mag feature: http://www.mustang50magazine.com/fea...model_citizen/
CarDomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3382054
Vossen Wheels: http://www.vossenwheels.com/
Trufiber: http://www.trufiber.com/
CutterWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #6
08V6mod

Ive tried all of this.
It's not the headlights themselves, Ive unplugged and replugged them and followed every wire from them.
That one relay number 21 for the fuel pump (as labeled in the manual) that was previously rattling and buzzing just buzzed loud for a second then stopped all-together, however, nothing else has changed.

This is truly the oddest thing Ive ever seen on any car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

--Jake
Old 12-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
08V6mod

Apparently the entire electrical was drawing too much current and overloading the battery... Time for a second!

#Solved
Old 12-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08V6mod View Post
Apparently the entire electrical was drawing too much current and overloading the battery... Time for a second!

#Solved
The charging system in the S197 is known for being marginal. Often a weak battery will degrade the alternator and vice versa.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:27 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
broken, electrical, lights