Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diode dynamics LED footwell

Old 12-26-2013, 05:35 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Default Diode dynamics LED (install)

My wife purchased this kit for me and I received it as a present. I was always jealousy of her ambient light in her fusion until now. The kit comes with everything.

As u can see in the pick it comes with the two strip of lighting. Wire harness with a splitter. And all accessories for mounting. The strips also have an adhesive on the back side but I used zip ties.

I removed the center console and the two pillars on the outside of the radio and then the trim around the radio. I only disconnected the three connections on top of that trim piece. I then took the radio out about 3 inches. I did not totally remove it as I thought it wasn't necessary.

This pic shows how I spliced into the cigarette lighter. There is only two wires. One is black and the other is purple. This is for your wiring harness

This how you connect your LED strips. At the end of the wires for the strip they are already stripped of the protective insulation. The wire is exposed. So you unscrew the screws in the pic and insert wire and then tighten the screws. Pull on the wires to make they are secured.

U then need to connect the ground wire to a place under the console and then run it to your switch. The switch has three connections. One is silver and the two others are gold in color. Connect harness to your switch now if the light on the switch turns on with out keys in the on position u need to switch around the two gold connections. Before you put everything back together make sure it all works. I installed my switch in the center console arm compartment. It's perfect bc there it's a piece of trim that's about 4 inches that I used.

Here is the finished product. Easy install. U need basic tools. Trim tool kit, various sockets, and 3/4 inch hole saw for the switch.

Last edited by outceltj; 12-26-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:41 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Wriiiiite up! Wriiiiite up! Wriiiiiite up!
Old 12-26-2013, 05:49 PM
WhyMe

With night time installed pics.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:42 PM
Diode Dynamics
Sponsor

Thanks for ordering with us OP!

If you send us pictures of the kit installed to: contact@diodedynamics.com

You'll earn Diode Points for a discount off your next order

Or you can upload pictures through the site: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/s...l-led-kit.html

Nick C.