Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 12-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #21
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: Mustang GT No Bailout Premium Edition

sorry man, i also have a redfire gt...hang in there :hug:
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 12-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #22
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005,ford,mustang gt

Look like you came very close to going head on with that telephone pole on the right, just think of it like this you walk away from something that really could of ruined your life. A car can be replaced your life cannot. Glad to hear you came out alright and good luck with the rebuilt.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #23
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calistang05 View Post
Look like you came very close to going head on with that telephone pole on the right, just think of it like this you walk away from something that really could of ruined your life. A car can be replaced your life cannot. Glad to hear you came out alright and good luck with the rebuilt.
true that... when the roads get icy i hear many people skid and die! and some get even more unlucky, ie: i heard of a guy nearby who slipped on some dry ice and is now paralyzed from the neck down!

i know this doesn't help and i wouldn't expect it to, if i were in your situation i would also be upset.

I believe theres a living vibration and love within cars, you treat them right and they treat you right.

a good way to look at it though, is you got into a wreck that could have really made things bad for you, but your car loves you so much his mercy said "No! I'm not gonna let you go! I'm not gonna let you slip away, you don't have to afraid....his mercy said no! pain will never have control....life and death stood face to face, darkness tried to steal your heart away....But your Mustang said NO!"

basically your car took all the hurt so you don't have to, he wouldn't want you to be upset right now, you can fix him!

For God loved the world so much, he sent his one and only car so that whoever drives him shall not be a victim of GM or ricers, but have eternal coolness.

Amen.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #24
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT/SS

You never ever, ever ever drive with RD's on wet roads bro, its like driving on black ice. Sorry you had to learn that the hard way. I hope it all works out in the end, just keep your head up.

'2011 Mustang Forum Ride of the Year"

My 5.0 Mag feature: http://www.mustang50magazine.com/fea...model_citizen/
CarDomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3382054
Vossen Wheels: http://www.vossenwheels.com/
Trufiber: http://www.trufiber.com/
CutterWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #25
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang GT
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Bannoura View Post
I assure you, i wasn't going faster than 40 mph, it even said it on my head unit and that normally reads faster than what you are going. What do you mean by worse days?
It was simply an observation of the video, not an accusation.

I meant you spun out in the rain, softly ending up off road, not totaled, no injuries, no head on into a truck, etc ...
... only that you'll see many worse days in life so there's no need telling yourself this was a "worse day".
tbear853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #26
chub46
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012, Ford, Mustang GT

Sorry about the accident, glad your okay. Your video brought back memories of when I spun out in my Mustang Bullitt. My car was laid up for over 2 months.
chub46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #27
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Ditto on glad you're ok. Could have been a lot worse. Tough lesson...
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #28
jthorn9
The Godfather

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT
Jeremy Thorner jthorn9

Click the image to open in full size.

You have similar damage to what happened to me when I ran head first into a truck that decided to run a stop sign, thank god we were both going slow. My accident was a total of $9000 worth of repairs.

08 Mustang GT - 285 RWHP, 305 TQ (sold)
99 Mustang SVT Cobra - 280 RWHP, 290 TQ (sold)
11 Mustang V6 - 270 RWHP, 260 TQ (sold)
95 Mustang Cobra - N/A 250 RWHP, 275 TQ; S/C 400 RWHP, 400 TQ (sold)
97 Mustang GT - 190 RWHP, 250 TQ (sold)
00 Mustang V6 - 145 RWHP, 184 TQ (sold)
98 Mustang V6 - 125 RWHP, 210 TQ (sold)
jthorn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:27 PM   #29
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang
whosniffedme whosniffedme whosniffedme

Don't feel bad, my friend did the exact same thing with his month old GTO; had slicks and got caught in the rain on his way home, except he was on the freeway and took it into a concrete wall going sixty, totaling the car.
I know everyone is saying look on the bright side at least you're ok, but that's not going to make you feel any better because our cars to us are extensions of ourselves. Just try and think about a plan to get it fixed or sold. I'm guessing insurance isn't going to cover it?

Current Vehicle:
07' GT/CS Roushcharged http://mustangforums.com/forum/garag...sniffedme.html
Past Vehicles:'03 Explorer Sport Trac XLT,
'69 Mustang soft top fully rebuilt 351C swap
whosniffedme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:31 AM   #30
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthorn9 View Post

You have similar damage to what happened to me when I ran head first into a truck that decided to run a stop sign, thank god we were both going slow. My accident was a total of $9000 worth of repairs.
damn 9k?? are mustangs more expensive to repair then regular cars or would any car with that damage be around 9k to repair?

i guess it sucks for me, cuz mine would proly be totalled, kinda sucks to think it only takes one jerk to run into me and i could lose my car and all the money i spent in upgrades!!! ( i can't afford to fix it if its totalled!)

honestly i don't blame u one bit for being upset OP, i got a friend whose dad who shot himself after he lost his bel air in a wreck (which he had owned for YEARS), and i would probably do the same thing if i ever lost this car. some people say life is priceless, but for people like us, its cars that make life worth living.

Last edited by RazorGT; 12-30-2013 at 07:02 AM.
RazorGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:31 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement