Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

possibly the worst day of my life :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 06:22 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

sorry man, i also have a redfire gt...hang in there :hug:
Old 12-29-2013, 07:01 PM
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

Look like you came very close to going head on with that telephone pole on the right, just think of it like this you walk away from something that really could of ruined your life. A car can be replaced your life cannot. Glad to hear you came out alright and good luck with the rebuilt.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:07 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by calistang05
Look like you came very close to going head on with that telephone pole on the right, just think of it like this you walk away from something that really could of ruined your life. A car can be replaced your life cannot. Glad to hear you came out alright and good luck with the rebuilt.
true that... when the roads get icy i hear many people skid and die! and some get even more unlucky, ie: i heard of a guy nearby who slipped on some dry ice and is now paralyzed from the neck down!

i know this doesn't help and i wouldn't expect it to, if i were in your situation i would also be upset.

I believe theres a living vibration and love within cars, you treat them right and they treat you right.

a good way to look at it though, is you got into a wreck that could have really made things bad for you, but your car loves you so much his mercy said "No! I'm not gonna let you go! I'm not gonna let you slip away, you don't have to afraid....his mercy said no! pain will never have control....life and death stood face to face, darkness tried to steal your heart away....But your Mustang said NO!"

basically your car took all the hurt so you don't have to, he wouldn't want you to be upset right now, you can fix him!

For God loved the world so much, he sent his one and only car so that whoever drives him shall not be a victim of GM or ricers, but have eternal coolness.

Amen.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:18 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

You never ever, ever ever drive with RD's on wet roads bro, its like driving on black ice. Sorry you had to learn that the hard way. I hope it all works out in the end, just keep your head up.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:23 PM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

Wink

Originally Posted by Steven Bannoura
I assure you, i wasn't going faster than 40 mph, it even said it on my head unit and that normally reads faster than what you are going. What do you mean by worse days?
It was simply an observation of the video, not an accusation.

I meant you spun out in the rain, softly ending up off road, not totaled, no injuries, no head on into a truck, etc ...
... only that you'll see many worse days in life so there's no need telling yourself this was a "worse day".
Old 12-29-2013, 08:09 PM
chub46
2nd Gear Member

Sorry about the accident, glad your okay. Your video brought back memories of when I spun out in my Mustang Bullitt. My car was laid up for over 2 months.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Ditto on glad you're ok. Could have been a lot worse. Tough lesson...
Old 12-29-2013, 10:36 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

You have similar damage to what happened to me when I ran head first into a truck that decided to run a stop sign, thank god we were both going slow. My accident was a total of $9000 worth of repairs.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:27 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Don't feel bad, my friend did the exact same thing with his month old GTO; had slicks and got caught in the rain on his way home, except he was on the freeway and took it into a concrete wall going sixty, totaling the car.
I know everyone is saying look on the bright side at least you're ok, but that's not going to make you feel any better because our cars to us are extensions of ourselves. Just try and think about a plan to get it fixed or sold. I'm guessing insurance isn't going to cover it?
Old 12-30-2013, 06:31 AM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jthorn9

You have similar damage to what happened to me when I ran head first into a truck that decided to run a stop sign, thank god we were both going slow. My accident was a total of $9000 worth of repairs.
damn 9k?? are mustangs more expensive to repair then regular cars or would any car with that damage be around 9k to repair?

i guess it sucks for me, cuz mine would proly be totalled, kinda sucks to think it only takes one jerk to run into me and i could lose my car and all the money i spent in upgrades!!! ( i can't afford to fix it if its totalled!)

honestly i don't blame u one bit for being upset OP, i got a friend whose dad who shot himself after he lost his bel air in a wreck (which he had owned for YEARS), and i would probably do the same thing if i ever lost this car. some people say life is priceless, but for people like us, its cars that make life worth living.

Last edited by RazorGT; 12-30-2013 at 07:02 AM.

Quick Reply: possibly the worst day of my life :(