Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

possibly the worst day of my life :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 10:27 AM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Steven Bannoura
I appreciate it man, i think lesson learned . Now that i think about it, iam just glad that iam ok and my ride isn't totaled . I was not even 2 inches away from slamming into the phone pole, or an 18 wheeler dragging me with it coming the opposite lane .
I know how you feel, BT/DT .... and tried to learn from it .... too many times.
I'll be 60 this next month and in spite of all life has taught me .... I still succumbed to temptation and ran around Bristol's turn 3-4 ... up off the apron on the high bank .... last night .... slow speed .... in my 2007 F150 FX4 Scab.

Wife was so excited .... danged if that turn ain't steep at 5-10 mph though! (they use to be 36 degrees, but now due to resurfacing, down to 24-30 degrees .... felt steeper!) Pirellis held on and she didn't roll .... think what an idiot I'd have felt like if she had rolled or if I had not topped up the tank and starved the FP?

Maybe that 2" drop job helped?

Now she wants to drive back down there and do it in the Mustang.

Last edited by tbear853; 12-31-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Steven Bannoura
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tbear853
I know how you feel, BT/DT .... and tried to learn from it .... too many times.
I'll be 60 this next month and in spite of all life has taught me .... I still succumbed to temptation and ran around Bristol's turn 3-4 ... up off the apron on the high bank .... last night .... slow speed .... in my 2007 F150 FX4 Scab.

Wife was so excited .... danged if that turn ain't steep at 5-10 mph though! (they use to be 36 degrees, but now due to resurfacing, down to 24-30 degrees .... felt steeper!) Pirellis held on and she didn't roll .... think what an idiot I'd have felt like if she had rolled or if I had not topped up the tank and starved the FP?

Maybe that 2" drop job helped?

Now she wants to drive back down there and do it in the Mustang.
haha iam just glad everything worked out for you and no one got in trouble, i was scared to death when the rear lost it like that, sadly, i was worried more about the car than me getting hurt. Now i gotta worry about fighting those tickets
Old 01-01-2014, 08:30 AM
Steven Bannoura
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
Well damn, that's not so bad really. Hope to see you back on the road again soon!
oh yea for sure, i've had this car for 5 years, its like family, i will never let it go like that
Old 01-01-2014, 10:44 AM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

haha iam just glad everything worked out for you and no one got in trouble, i was scared to death when the rear lost it like that, sadly, i was worried more about the car than me getting hurt. Now i gotta worry about fighting those tickets
I was no "cherry" when I joined the VSP in 1978 as between 1970 and 1977 ... I signed for 9 tickets (only 3 were speeding tickets, 2 out of wrecks [no one hurt except me] and a few exhaust and inspection tickets round it out) and I was only suspended once (60 days in 1973 for two speeding tickets within 12 months, automatic) and I had a few verbal warnings / roadside chats in between and I know first hand what happens to insurance (I was cancelled by State Farm in 1976 so I shopped around and got on with Erie out of Pa., saved me some first years, then later saved me more. I have been with Erie since that day 1976 for all my insurance, even have a "no accident / ticket surcharge guarantee" now!!!).... why I said "BT/DT".

Take care.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:03 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

My heart is broken and iam banging my head into the wall for being so damn stupid

Hydroplaned doing 40MPH on a cold and rainy day, wearing Drag radials . Stupid me took the car out last night, then spend the night over my girlfriends house, woke up sunday and it was raining, i left anyway and this crap happened , I am so broken
OUCH!! I'm glad you're ok, Steven Bannoura.

Deysha
Old 01-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Steven Bannoura
2nd Gear Member

for those who are wondering, the car just left my shop to a body shop. I am putting back my OEM headlights and turn signals since the aftermarket ones broke. I bought a new truefiber cowl 3" hood for it and should have the car back in 2 weeks or so. Thank you all for your concern, I almost shed a tear looking at it leaving on that truck. Should look the same if not better and should have my bride and joy back.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:15 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

for those who are wondering, the car just left my shop to a body shop. I am putting back my OEM headlights and turn signals since the aftermarket ones broke. I bought a new truefiber cowl 3" hood for it and should have the car back in 2 weeks or so. Thank you all for your concern, I almost shed a tear looking at it leaving on that truck. Should look the same if not better and should have my bride and joy back.
hey dude maybe u should have gotten a nice black carbon fiber hood? arent they usually cheaper?
Old 01-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Steven Bannoura
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RazorGT
hey dude maybe u should have gotten a nice black carbon fiber hood? arent they usually cheaper?
not sure to be honest, i got mine for 500 with shipping