Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is there anyone else who keeps their car stock or spends minimally on mods?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 12:33 PM
427Roush
1st Gear Member

I bought a tuner Mustang because I wanted more than the stock engine and suspension offered right from the start.
After purchase I installed a CAI and tune and other little items like a short throw shifter and upgraded head unit with navigation.
Recently I just dropped $3k on Cortex Racing suspension upgrades, like their Watts Link, LCAs and Torque Arm.
My hobby is HPDE track days and just love hauling *** around the road course.
Of course I like to get a lot of attention from the guys with the much more expensive cars in the paddock area after I chase down and pass them on track.
It strokes my ego and makes me happy.
Life is too short, go for the gusto!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:54 PM
car_designer

Since my Mustang is my daily driver, I don't plan on many mods. There are a few things I'd like to do appearance-wise. I find the factory wheels are too bright for the colour of my car, and I'd like to get some tinting for some of the marker lights, but that's it. I smile every time I get in the car the way it is, so why go any further. But I also have another non-Mustang which is my toy.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:43 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Life is short man, you gotta have fun. If your young and make a small paycheck then modding is gonna be difficult. If your middle aged like me you can afford to enjoy your hot rod. I dont gamble, do drugs, buy hookers or have any other vices. I do work my *** off and like to race and thats why I purchased my mustang. I dont regret any of my mods well the magnetic blackout was a bad idea.....LOL

As far as AM, they are a great supporter of us forum members IMO.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:57 PM
JFitz
2nd Gear Member

It's a hobby that I was into the moment I turned the key in my first Mustang. Granted, my Vert is my DD and I don't think forged internals and an SC are in my near future, but I have my mods. I have mostly plans for when my financial situation allows. When I'm done, she'll be louder, lower, and even more unique among all the other drones on the highway. I don't want a dragster. I just like driving V8 enough that I don't mind scraping my knuckles bloody to make my more...mine. There's no justifying the money spent. Personally, I don't plan on selling the car. I plan on driving it. If/when I'm done with it, it will be after I know that I went as far as I could with it.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:33 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

I love to see a Mustang with great mods. Some on this site I drool over. That being said, I drove mine off the lot upgraded exactly as I wanted it equipped and couldn't be happier.

Last edited by potman; 01-09-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:23 PM
def67
2nd Gear Member

You car is awesome just like it is potman!!
Old 01-09-2014, 07:34 PM
ghostrider7

Basically it is all relative. First of all, I don't believe that you decorate your ride to impress others, though that may be the outcome.
What most people do is personalize their vehicles to there liking, self expression. Others for maybe because of performance reasons, and so on. What we all must remember is that we are making these changes for "ourselves". Not for others. So don't expect others to pay for the mods you made for yourself, because they may wish to do their own mods to their liking. So you did not really loose money! You redesigned your vehicle to the way you enjoyed it. And enjoyed it you did!
Old 01-09-2014, 07:39 PM
ghostrider7

Nice, clean looking Stang Potman. Anyone would be proud to own that ride. Nice Job
Old 01-09-2014, 07:57 PM
remington_8

I agree that you mod to suit yourself. As for me I bought my 03 gt and it has too many mods for me. Someone unhooked all the AC lines! WTH I just wish I had all the stock stuff to put back.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ghostrider7
Basically it is all relative. First of all, I don't believe that you decorate your ride to impress others, though that may be the outcome.
What most people do is personalize their vehicles to there liking, self expression. Others for maybe because of performance reasons, and so on. What we all must remember is that we are making these changes for "ourselves". Not for others. So don't expect others to pay for the mods you made for yourself, because they may wish to do their own mods to their liking. So you did not really loose money! You redesigned your vehicle to the way you enjoyed it. And enjoyed it you did!
good post and true

Quick Reply: is there anyone else who keeps their car stock or spends minimally on mods?