Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 01-21-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
eleanordream

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang
reignblackrain
Default 2012 Ford Mustang Automatic DRL's

Okay so I been having my Mustang since October of 2013. It is a V6 Automatic with DRL's. I went to my local Ford dealership to have them turned off and so they took it to the back for damn near half an hour, and when they came back they said sorry we couldn't turn them off. They said I have to replace my junction box in my kick panel and my gague cluster then have everything tuned. Is this true? I mean I know all they do is hook up a machine to turn them off, and apparently my car was a "special order" to where they never turn off. But I know people with the same car, who's DRL's do just like mine, only turn on when you throw it in Reverse, Neutral, Drive, 3, 2, 1 but not in Park and had them turned off. So does mine need to be all replaced when the Junction box is the exact same as everyone else's? Is my dealer just full of crap or am I going to have to shell out the $800 bucks for everything?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
eleanordream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:51 PM   #2
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Not sure what a DRL is but I would get a second opinion at a different dealer.

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2011 NHRA Sportsman Class Hawaii State Champion
12.23 @ 113 mph
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:52 PM   #3
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: Mustang GT No Bailout Premium Edition

day time running light
Old 01-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Ah thats makes sense.

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2011 NHRA Sportsman Class Hawaii State Champion
12.23 @ 113 mph
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:59 AM   #5
BairdGT
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Tell your dealership they are a bunch of absolute morons!

All Mustangs from factory have DRLs (it's not special ordered anything) its mandatory for sale in North America since Canada (where I live) it is illegal not to have DRLs so manufacturers are required to have DRLs installed but in the US some states require DRLs and some do not.

I am gonna take a stab at your vehicle was probably from a nearby state that requires DRLs and your dealership did a dealer transfer cause it had what you wanted when you ordered. US sold vehicles usually have them disabled (exception in states that have enforced DRLs) and any that are Canadian bound have them activated.

All your dealership has to do is phone FORD and get the activated/deactivation code based on your VIN and KaPowie you no longer have DRLs.

I am not sure on what the exact process is to disable them but my guess is you'll probably be charged like 0.5hr (computer hook up) and maybe 0.5-1.0hrs (to actually disable them depending how long the process takes)

based on that I would assume you shouldn't be paying more than 1.5hrs x shop fee (not sure what your area has for shop fees) I think most are in the 100-130/hr range.

Current Setup:
| Bama 93 Race Tune | Barton 2-post Short Shifter | JBA Xpipe /w Cat Deletes | Steeda 101mm Intake | Roush Axle back | Roush Upper Grille | Stock 245/45/19 Pirelli's | Stock 3.55 Gears |
| Dyno Results (July 26, 2013) 419hp 398ft/lbs|
BairdGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #6
lenko
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 Mustang GT Prem

When I bought my 06 GT new in Conrad, Montana it didn't have DRLs. Because I was bringing it to Canada, Courtesy Ford in Conrad called the Ford hotline with my Canadian import number. They hooked up their computer to the OBD port and as the Ford tech explained to the mechanic what to program in the Daytime Running lights came on. Watched them myself. Because I purchased the car from them, they didn't charge me anything. Your Ford dealer wherever you are in Louisiana seems not to have a clue.
lenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:37 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement