Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is talked to death, I know, but Eforce or Roush?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 02:48 PM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Default This is talked to death, I know, but Eforce or Roush?

I just want to get people's opinions on the two. I've done a lot of research and asked Brenspeed quite a few questions (I emailed VMP also but never heard back). I have decided to go with a TVS style blower. I looked into the other styles such as a Kenne Bell, but pound for pound the TVS is better under 16lbs of boost. After that the KB starts to become more efficient than the 2.3L TVS but I won't get to those levels anytime soon.

So here are all the features I like about the two models. I just need to figure out which ones are more important to me.

Eforce stage 1 from Brenspeed

-Easier to install than the Roush (according to Brenspeed)
-110 sqin intercooler
-bypass valve for better gas mileage (this is my DD)
-slightly more lower end torque because of longer runners

Roush 560r package from Brenspeed

-gt500 TB
-52lb hr injectors (eforce comes with 41 which would need to be upgraded later -if I wanted more power)
-better intercooler pump
-lower IATs than the eforce (according to Brenspeed)
-cheaper than eforce

Eventually, years down the road, when this isn't a DD I'd like to upgrade to something like the b326 and run a ton of power. Both are capable of the power I'd like. The big plus with the Roush is there is less to upgrade down the line. With the eforce I get the bypass valve which might be nice for me since this is my DD.

Thoughts, comments?
Old 01-26-2014, 03:24 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Depends on what you want a Super charger to do for "you". If you wanting to run big power down the line I would tell you to look into a Centi or Turbo since you get way more power bang for your buck with those systems plus, they let you hook up first before dumping all the power to the ground like a root system does. Again it comes down to, "what do you want it for?"
Old 01-27-2014, 12:12 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Both are winners, your gonna love either one. My vote is for the Roush but forget me, get what you like.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:57 AM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

We're running the Roush TVS with great success on UPR's 2010 GT (9.90 in the quarter mile, full weight street car) but I'm a big fan of the VMP TVS. We'll probably start carrying them soon.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:18 PM
AKRA
1st Gear Member

I vote Roush. Not only because I have one but they put them on production car every day and they last long enough to cover the 3 year 36000 warranty. It is a proven design that I have heard very few complaints about.

I believe the designer for the Edelbrock came from and designed saleen's Supercharger. The saleen supercharger I used to have had on my 2007 had issues burning though belts and belts slipping. A belt only lasted 4 to 6 weeks.

I have had the roush on my 2012 for 1.5 years without any issues.

Best of luck.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:31 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AKRA
I vote Roush. Not only because I have one but they put them on production car every day and they last long enough to cover the 3 year 36000 warranty. It is a proven design that I have heard very few complaints about.

I believe the designer for the Edelbrock came from and designed saleen's Supercharger. The saleen supercharger I used to have had on my 2007 had issues burning though belts and belts slipping. A belt only lasted 4 to 6 weeks.

I have had the roush on my 2012 for 1.5 years without any issues.

Best of luck.
I may have to look into that. I haven't heard of any problems with the eforce but maybe I didn't look hard enough. I've heard of belts slipping and shredding with the whiple supercharger sometimes. Has anyone else heard of problems with the eforce?
Old 01-28-2014, 08:30 AM
B's 5.0
Banned

That's a tough one for me. ROUSH.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:18 PM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by B's 5.0
That's a tough one for me. ROUSH.
lol you do seem to have a Roush addiction.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:22 AM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Back to something you posted in the first thread: you want to stay under 16 psi, for now.
If you're smart, you'll plan ahead for when you might (or will) want more power. If you have a blower than can deliver more power later, you wont have to upgrade to a different setup.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:38 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

E-Force without any question. You forgot one thing, the E-Force also looks factory and cleaner then most SC out there.

Quick Reply: This is talked to death, I know, but Eforce or Roush?