Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will black racing stripes + black 'mustang gt' rockers, and a black rear deck panel

Old 01-30-2014, 09:37 AM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Default will black racing stripes + black 'mustang gt' rockers, and a black rear deck panel

look good? (kind of an update to my thread from a couple weeks ago)

basically i decided on black dual stripes (10" since they seem to be not too big or small (or should i get 8" or 12"?) )

And some black MUSTANG GT rocker stripes on the bottom of the sides of the car

and a black rear deck panel.

Mines an 06 GT redfire and i feel like these black mods would look nice with the paint, would you recommend anything else or what do you think of my plans?

would having racing stripes AND rocker stripes look okay or would it be too much? I'm not a fan of mustangs that buy every single mod from AM and just throw it on their car and it just looks really messy and congested.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:14 AM
shinerttu
2nd Gear Member

I don't know, will it?....

These are the types of questions that are entirely subjective and you can answer yourself.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:19 AM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shinerttu
I don't know, will it?....

These are the types of questions that are entirely subjective and you can answer yourself.
Possibly, but the general population of car fanatics have a certain taste about what looks good. IE: A lot of things that I thought would look awesome, everyone else thought looked retarded then I started seeing their point of view, so I'm still developing the taste of what looks good or not.

Vice versa: someone will post a pic of a car and I think it looks awful, but everyone else thinks its amazing, so it takes some time to develop the taste and eye for aesthetics.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:23 AM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RazorGT
Possibly, but the general population of car fanatics have a certain taste about what looks good. IE: A lot of things that I thought would look awesome, everyone else thought looked retarded then I started seeing their point of view, so I'm still developing the taste of what looks good or not.

Vice versa: someone will post a pic of a car and I think it looks awful, but everyone else thinks its amazing, so it takes some time to develop the taste and eye for aesthetics.
I think what he is saying is do what you think looks good. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks. We aren't going to be the ones driving it, you are.

If everyone hates it, then oh well. All that matters is that you like the look of your car.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:32 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

i think white will look better dude
Old 01-30-2014, 11:29 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

With red, the only two stripe options I'd consider are black or white. White is expected with red, and really tugs the heart strings, but it's relatively common. I've never seen a red stang with black stripes outside of these forums.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:35 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, black on red usually looks ok, if not good. I rarely see that and think it's bad. It's a pretty standard color combination, good contrast, goes well together, all that. I doubt you'd get any flack from car people over it.

Dunno about having both the racing stripes and rocker stripes together though... That might indeed be too much. I'm gonna go see if I can google up some pictures and come back...

Ok here you go, if you haven't seen one. I don't know if I'd do both, but on the flip side I don't think it's necessarily too much. I know many/most of the GT500s come standard with both, right? So it's certainly not an unheard of look...

For some comparison, here's one with white as suggested above:

And one with just black racing stripes:

Last edited by Schmalgar; 01-30-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:49 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

the red with white stripes above looks the mutts nuts..
the op is metalic red mind
Old 01-30-2014, 11:52 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker
the op is metalic red mind
Yeah, these were just the first I found in a quick search...

How about:

black:

white:

Last edited by Schmalgar; 01-30-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Getsome19
1st Gear Member

Id go with white

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: will black racing stripes + black 'mustang gt' rockers, and a black rear deck panel