Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

considering GT again?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 06:13 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

I think manual vs. auto should come down to driver preference. I prefer manual because that is how I enjoy my sports cars the most. The MT-82 has been revised so that issues that people had early on have been addressed. The automatic transmission is a great tranny too. I don't know much about them, but I think that is because they have very few problems.

As for color you named 5 out of 9 possible mustang colors. haha. I think you need to think about what YOU want. They will all look great. I would recommend going to see something in person.

There is probably few cars around because they are not in high demand this time of the year.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I was thinking I wanted a gray one since they look good and should be fairly easy to keep looking clean, but the more I look at them with all the black and gray in the interior, it may be a little bland, idk. Black ones look the best in my opinion, but my current car is black and its almost a part time job to keep it clean and I've learned from experience if you don't get bird droppings and bugs off within a couple hours they leave a stain. I like the dark red too, but don't want to stand out more for cops and such. The dark blue looks nice too, but have to see one in person. The silver looks ok too, but I've had a couple silver cars and they are fairly easy to keep looking clean, but they seem to be a common color for mustangs and the place that has the best deals on them has all silver ones left.

It looks like there may be a dark red used 2013 Mustang GT with very low miles for sale somewhere in town and they want high 25k for it. But it is an auto and looks like it may be a premium so maybe I should check that out before driving a distance to check the others out. Only thing is I'm thinking I should get my car fixed first, what do you guys think since its just a cracked front passenger side of the bumper? Also its not much fun to test drive a high performance car when its really cold out. I doesn't look like its going to get above freezing for the next week or so here.

btw, I finally found a gray gt with recaros, but its several states away of course. I asked the online salesguy what they were asking since the ad said 32k and he said probably around 33k if you don't qualify for a-plan, wtf? Anyway, I guess my best bet is to go to a local dealer and see if they can order one and still apply all the rebates, which are around 4k or so I believe. I doubt I'll be able to get one for the prices that one place is asking unless I can find a place that offers to match the best price you can find. I'm going to have them appraise my car as is too to see if I can at least come close to breaking even on it or maybe I should forget about it for now.

Last edited by Mrbobcat; 02-12-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:19 PM
jhawkr
2nd Gear Member

I would start it in second if first was breaking traction. Im sure you can do the same with the automatic.
No, you can't. I have a 2014 5.0 with Select-Shift Auto. You have to exceed a st RPM before the transmission will allow an upshift. What I do is this. I hold the "Stability Control Button" on the console down for 5 seconds until it is totally disengaged. Then, I let the positrac rear drive both wheels without limits. I still have the Eagle 1 SuperCar tires on it. As soon as they are worn out, some good A/S tires will be going back on. Those Eagles are silly for the street if you are not racing. The way they load up with snow is amazing! It's like having tires made of packed snow!