Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 pricing

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 05:42 PM
adrianp
1st Gear Member

Default 2014 pricing

So with the 2014 coming to an end and Ford offering 4K in rebates, what are other people getting for pricing? I'm looking at getting a 2014 GT Premium coupe auto with comfort package and possibly 401A.

Thanks,
Adrian
Old 02-16-2014, 07:18 PM
todcp
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by adrianp
So with the 2014 coming to an end and Ford offering 4K in rebates, what are other people getting for pricing? I'm looking at getting a 2014 GT Premium coupe auto with comfort package and possibly 401A.

Thanks,
Adrian
An in stock car from a large dealer should give the best shot at a great deal. Mine was just over 1200 less than the ford employee invoice plus all incentives. The dealer should be willing to share the invoice. An online search for the exact car I wanted brought me to a dealer a 250 dollar plane ticket from home. The final deal was over 3,000 less than two local dealers would offer on an ordered car. When I asked my dealer to match he could not. He said "it must be a very large dealer to be able to sell at that price" It was a dealer with a 900 car inventory and they had over 60 Mustangs in stock.

Last edited by todcp; 02-16-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:51 PM
adrianp
1st Gear Member

How much below invoice do you think I might be able to get now? None of the larger dealers near me currently have exactly the one I want, though close. The dealer I'm looking at has maybe 300 cars or so with like less than 10 Mustangs, but even the larger dealers around here all have maybe a dozen or so Mustangs as well. Most of my offers have been about 6500 under MSRP and even then, that's still a couple hundred over invoice + they all charge between 500-700 in a doc fee around here. So far the lowest one has been one with a couple hundred miles on it, not really sure why it even has that many.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:05 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

I picked up a 2014 GT (base) for $28k after dealer incentives (price doesn't include my trade-in). If you're financing through the dealership, they'll try to get you to opt out of the credits to get you a better rate (e.g. 0.9%). Do the math yourself; if your down payment and/or trade-in is significant enough, it'll make this offer irrelevant in most cases.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:24 PM
adrianp
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI
I picked up a 2014 GT (base) for $28k after dealer incentives (price doesn't include my trade-in). If you're financing through the dealership, they'll try to get you to opt out of the credits to get you a better rate (e.g. 0.9%). Do the math yourself; if your down payment and/or trade-in is significant enough, it'll make this offer irrelevant in most cases.
Auto or Manual? Do you recall how much your incentives where when you bought yours?

Yeah, I'm taking all the incentives (currently 4K) and financing part of it through my own bank. The Ford rate definitely wasn't worth it based on the amount I'm financing and the rate I already get.

Thanks,
Adrian
Old 02-16-2014, 09:07 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by adrianp
Auto or Manual? Do you recall how much your incentives where when you bought yours?

Yeah, I'm taking all the incentives (currently 4K) and financing part of it through my own bank. The Ford rate definitely wasn't worth it based on the amount I'm financing and the rate I already get.

Thanks,
Adrian
Yep, mine is the deluxe GT with a 6-spd automatic. Looking at my sticker, the only option I have is the 301A (tech/SYNC/power driver seat) package. The incentive I got was a $3.5k credit.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:25 PM
adrianp
1st Gear Member

Anyone happen to know how holdbacks work when the dealer gets the car from another dealer?
Old 02-16-2014, 11:33 PM
pkugrsq
1st Gear Member

I got my car from a dealer who had to get it from another dealer!

It works like this. You pick out the car, that's out in another lot. Once you agree on a certain price, you put down a deposit (so you don't back out and they're stuck with the car), and when it arrives, the dealer will call you and you go pick it up while paying the rest.

Dealerships trade vehicles instead of just taking from others. They try to trade equal valued cares, but sometimes they don't. Supposedly, my dealership traded a GT Premium for my V6 flat base... They weren't too happy, and they lost a grand from a miscalculation. To be fair, they could have backed out, and not sell the car to me.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:54 PM
adrianp
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pkugrsq
I got my car from a dealer who had to get it from another dealer!

It works like this. You pick out the car, that's out in another lot. Once you agree on a certain price, you put down a deposit (so you don't back out and they're stuck with the car), and when it arrives, the dealer will call you and you go pick it up while paying the rest.

Dealerships trade vehicles instead of just taking from others. They try to trade equal valued cares, but sometimes they don't. Supposedly, my dealership traded a GT Premium for my V6 flat base... They weren't too happy, and they lost a grand from a miscalculation. To be fair, they could have backed out, and not sell the car to me.

That wasn't quite what I meant. I know how they trade cars. I was just wondering who gets the holdback. Does the original dealer get it from the factory or does the new dealer which actually sold the car get it?
Old 02-16-2014, 11:56 PM
adrianp
1st Gear Member

My assumption is that the original dealer still gets the holdback because he's the one that's been paying the interest on the car while it sat on his lot.

Quick Reply: 2014 pricing