Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question's for the S197 owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 01:27 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
That sucks. If that happens again though you could try standing back a couple steps and aiming the nozzle, predict the trajectory, hold the nozzle between your legs and squirt it into the fuel tank tube.
Wish I could pass that tip onto the poor guy who buys my old '05 at auction.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:20 AM
clix813
4th Gear Member

Ya the gas tank thing is a pain. But you get used to it. I bought my 2005 in 2011 for 18k with 41k on it. And it is pretty much a as basic as a gt can get, cloth only drive power seat and shaker 500. So that is a good deal.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:44 AM
iMuf
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the help guys. I have been doing a lot of reading on the Gas tank issue and it sounds like a pain. But it also sounds like there are a few different ways to try and get around it. Like tilting the nozzle different ways as well as key turned to the ready position and leaving it like that while you fill up. Hopefully this one doesn't have that issue even though it sounds like it is a pretty common thing lol. Anyway, thanks again everyone. Hopefully they get the car in here in a couple of days so I an go check it out. Maybe I will have my first Mustang by the end of the week or early next week.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:07 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I had this issue with my 07 and I just put the nozzle in upside down and it worked well. Now I don't need to do that and I rarely have any issues. I would check the box and carpet on the passenger side floor. See if you can look at the box as well. Id check car fax on it as well.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:34 PM
kevsgt
2nd Gear Member

no gas tank issues on my 06. did have to deal with replacing the lower control arms at about that mileage, think there is a TSB on this. also look out for door panel leather sagging around that time, not a big deal though. that price sounds like a steal for a GT. you'll love the car!
Old 02-17-2014, 06:43 PM
iMuf
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevsgt
no gas tank issues on my 06. did have to deal with replacing the lower control arms at about that mileage, think there is a TSB on this. also look out for door panel leather sagging around that time, not a big deal though. that price sounds like a steal for a GT. you'll love the car!
I plan on changing out the lower control arms along with other suspension stuff so that's not something I terribly worried about that. I will make sure I check out the leather as well. It does sound like a really good price. I'm ready to get back into a rear wheel drive car. I had a 96' thunderbird 4.6L for my first car which was pretty good for what it was. Then I got into a 2006 Monte Carlo SS which as far as power goes it's way more powerful then my thunderbird was but being front wheel drive it's just not as fun.

Then on top of all that I'm just tired of driving an auto. I get bored of driving them. So I want to get a manual, I've only driven one a couple times so I will still have a lot of practicing to do. But I think I will be able to get it down pretty quick. From everything I have read/heard, people say Mustang's are pretty easy to learn manual on.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:06 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Price seems decent if it's in good shape. Premiums, as stated, are worth a tad more.

Premiums will have
Shaker 500
Leather Seats
Metalic and or carbon fiber dash inlay
Polished/chrome rims

The gas tank thing is hit or miss, more of an issue on 05s and early 06s, and some were recalled and fixed.

As far as the car itself goes, just look for the standard issues that you would look for in any used car, leaks, noises, rust, signs of damage/repair, etc.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:13 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Yes it is a deluxe, after doing a bing search of the VIN, it found this inventory page, that lists it as a deluxe.
http://hannaimports.v12soft.com/inve...rd&inventory/*

And the Carfax link they have shows no reported accidents, and 4 owners, for what ever that is worth.
Good luck.