Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bama tune and JLT intake review for 3.7 mustang.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:23 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2k232
Ok here's my review of the JLT intake and SCT Bama tune.
Product I bought can be found here: http://www.americanmuscle.com/jlt-sct-kit-1112v6.html
This is my review for my 2012 Mustang 3.7 Manual.

packaging was good no parts missing (that's all ways a bonus).

The JLT intake:
The intake was a very simple straight and easy install use of simple hand tools was all that was needed I did read that auto's due need to drill a hole in the tube well I didnt have that problem so the OEM intake popped out and the JLT went in in less then 15 mins very easy. Love the sound of the intake makes a nice whistle/growl noise.

SCT Bama Tuner: (I used 93 octane and 93 race tune)
The tuner/tune was another easy install it took about 10 mins or so to install the tune and wow is all I can say the throttle response alone is worth the price. I have no idea what they set my rev limiter at because I seen the RPM's go a little past 7k....lol dont wanna push it anymore then that. I can say im absolutely happy with my purchase. I also like the plaque that comes with the combo it's a nice touch all though I have no idea were to put it (thinking center console on the cup-holder cover) My peppy little 3.7 is now even more fun to drive the tires wanna break loose soooo much more easy now. Very pleased

My only con/gripe is that they dont offer the ghost cam tune!!!!! I still want one and dont wanna have to order a tune from MPT.....come on AM/Bama!
Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad to hear that you're really enjoying your Bama tune and JLT CAI.

What are your future plans for your build? Definitely keep us posted. We'll gladly help you out! We appreciate your business and loyalty.

-Dan

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx
Bama will just tell you to go through the "re-learn" cycle. My car idle hunts after driving it for a while and then putting it in park, and it comes real close to shutting off. The idle is also too low when sitting still in park, and the car vibrates and surges. Finally, the car pings a little when low speed (25-35mph) driving, mostly when going up hills.

It doesn't matter which tune I load (87S, 87P, 93R). I have the JLT CAI, BBK long tubes, 3.73 gears. I tried cleaning my MAF to see if that was the problem, and that didn't help. I current run 89 octane with the 87P tune because it reduces the ping quite a bit.

This kind of stuff makes me hate computer controlled engines more and more.
I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues with your Bama tune and we haven't been able to help you at yet. I will make sure you're taken care of. We tune more Mustangs than anyone else in the world so I'm confident that we can get your tune right.

Please shoot me a PM with your order number included and I'll make sure you're taken care of right away!

-Dan
Old 02-21-2014, 01:51 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2k232
weird thing happen just now I was running the 93 Race tune....I went and filled up my car with 93 octane premium fuel and the car idled funny the RPM's jumped up and down car took off fine and everything....well I got to a stop light and the car just shut off. It did this around 3 times.....So i stopped and loaded my 93 performance tune. It seemed to help any one ever had this issue?
Did you buy a good name brand fuel, I always go with Chevron, is there a chance the station just got it's tanks filled as that stirs up impurities in the fuel.
The fact that it started to run poorly after just refueling would make me want to look in that direction.
Do you have a lower octane tune to run, they come with three tunes right, if so try the lower octane one.
Good luck hope you get if figured out.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:18 PM
2k232
2nd Gear Member

Well I doubt if was the fuel that did it....the gas I used was Marathon 93 (has STP logo).

Was hoping the AM rep would chime in?
Old 02-23-2014, 09:51 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

If you always (or almost always) get gas at the same station, I doubt if it's the fuel, but if it still does it after going through the re-learn dance, Bama may ask you to datalog under certain driving conditions.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:25 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx
If you always (or almost always) get gas at the same station, I doubt if it's the fuel, but if it still does it after going through the re-learn dance, Bama may ask you to datalog under certain driving conditions.
And Marathon is not a top tier fuel supplier, but a lot of people think it does not matter.