Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying used 2014 V6, help

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 05:47 PM
OBEY

Exclamation Buying used 2014 V6, help

Hey guys,

Recently I've been in search of a Black 2013-2014 V6 Premium and I found one for $22k. It only has 530 miles, but on the carfax it says an accident was reported. The car was also a rental vehicle.

What do you guys think of this car? Here is the carfax: http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...OO_0#undefined

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:15 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

I would go test drive it and check it over really well. Also with the way dealerships are pricing Mustangs right now, you may be able to buy a new fairly loaded V6 for that price and not have to worry about possible issues from an accident.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:39 PM
OBEY

Originally Posted by Tanner05
I would go test drive it and check it over really well. Also with the way dealerships are pricing Mustangs right now, you may be able to buy a new fairly loaded V6 for that price and not have to worry about possible issues from an accident.
Thanks for the input. I certaintly will go see it and test drive it before I make a final decision. The car looks good, but thats in pictures so I will have to check it out well when I go. Here's the car for sale and some pictures: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
Old 02-26-2014, 07:38 PM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

I would pass on this car. You never know how much abuse has been put on that car. No one renting a sports car is going to treat it good. Since it was already in an accident it was abused. Here is what people do with rental cars.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:38 PM
RetiredSFC 97
1st Gear Member

A rental with only 500 miles and has been in an accident, and now they're selling it? Car could be fine, but that raises more questions than it answers to me.

I saw a blue, (the new blue, sorry I forget what the color is actually called) 2014 in New York on the auction site with a little over 2K on it and asking 23 or so. They maybe would come down on it. It's a premium with the pony package. If you're not stuck on black it's worth a look. A6 with the saddle seats.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:37 PM
OBEY

Originally Posted by jesse1125
I would pass on this car. You never know how much abuse has been put on that car. No one renting a sports car is going to treat it good. Since it was already in an accident it was abused. Here is what people do with rental cars.

Rental abuse 2012 Ford Mustang V6 Burnout - YouTube
You have a point. I found two new 2014 Black Premiums around my area for $23.7k. Do you think I could get them to mark down the price some? Are there any rebates or anything going on now?

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
A rental with only 500 miles and has been in an accident, and now they're selling it? Car could be fine, but that raises more questions than it answers to me.

I saw a blue, (the new blue, sorry I forget what the color is actually called) 2014 in New York on the auction site with a little over 2K on it and asking 23 or so. They maybe would come down on it. It's a premium with the pony package. If you're not stuck on black it's worth a look. A6 with the saddle seats.
Yeah that's the same thing I asked myself. Carfax said there was no major damage done, but you can't be too sure. Grabber Blue? That was another color I was looking into, but gravitated to the Black more.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:34 PM
pkugrsq
1st Gear Member

See if you can get into some sort of X-plan pricing. It's not available to all jobs, but where I worked (Kroger) at the time cut $2,000 of my V6. Added was a $500 Student discount bonus.

But as for current, up to date rebates, it's up to the dealership and it changes every month or so. Supposedly...
Old 02-26-2014, 11:43 PM
dkpGTCS
2nd Gear Member

I have another car that was a rental and also in a minor accident. Have had zero issues with it and you'd never know it was hit. The differnce is I got a killer price on it that made it worth it. The price they're asking isn't worth taking the chance IMO.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:54 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by pkugrsq
See if you can get into some sort of X-plan pricing. It's not available to all jobs, but where I worked (Kroger) at the time cut $2,000 of my V6. Added was a $500 Student discount bonus.

But as for current, up to date rebates, it's up to the dealership and it changes every month or so. Supposedly...
You can also get X plan pricing if you join Mustang Club of America.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:11 AM
B's 5.0
Banned

If your serious about this car. I would do more then go and check it out myself like you said. I would definitely have a mechanic look at it from top to bottom before putting that kind of money out.

Quick Reply: Buying used 2014 V6, help