Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lots of new stuff on the way.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 10:46 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Very nice. Do you have any sound clips of the axle backs there?
Old 02-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Xann27
1st Gear Member

i wont have the axlebacks til roughly wednsday. and im also going to have a catless xpipe. so the sound will be very different.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:32 AM
Xann27
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by vixr
I thought the stock struts are too tall for the Eibach sportlines...the stock strut will be too far compressed and wont perform well or last very long.
i was told these were the ones that would maintain stock struts and wouldnt hurt them for 40k+ miles.... now im second guessing. I can always add struts later....
but...
Old 02-28-2014, 02:25 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

As many have said do the springs your self, it didn't take me 5 hours on a convertible, including cleanup, and a couple of beers.
And you will need to borrow or rent strut spring compressor, other than that it's all simple hand tools.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:29 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xann27
i was told these were the ones that would maintain stock struts and wouldnt hurt them for 40k+ miles.... now im second guessing. I can always add struts later....
but...
You should have talked to Strano....at http://www.stranoparts.com/
Old 03-04-2014, 05:19 PM
13blackstang

I did my lowereing springs myself.Its very easy and took two hours tops and that was taking my time. I did not use a spring compressor I found a video on you tube where you place floor jack under A-arm, it was very easy and the lowering springs are shorter so no need to compress.Took it to be aligned and it was right on and needed no adjustments.Thats with a 1 1/2 drop front and rear..You do need an adjustable panhard bar.

I also changed upper and lower grille to billet grille. I did this without removing the bumper. There is a you tube video that shows CDC performance grille install where the stock grille is just pulled off. Thats what I did,just pulled it off then followed the billet grille instructions, Very easy.

Name:  b04eaace-3607-4ad1-9121-8a7b3f0e6184_zps537fe228.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  197.0 KB
Old 03-05-2014, 05:44 AM
Xann27
1st Gear Member

I got everything yesterday, and only had time to put on the Kooks mufflers and do the grills. The mufflers were pretty easy. The driver side muffler was a small hassle to get out as a brace was about 1 inch too much in the way, but after in bolting it, no problem. I even did the mufflers with no jacks. Just slid under the car. The grill was a different story. I ended up taking off the entire front bumper cover in order to NOT destroy the factory clips where the grill was. Also needed to drill holes with this kit that I got. But it was worth it. The upper grill was a complete replacement, as the bottom was just an overlay. And the ceiling lags that came with the lower grill are a very poor quality. I'll be hitting up a Home Depot on the way home from work to get a better system to bolt it it.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:52 PM
13blackstang

Sounds like you have the same grille. I bought mine from AM and the bottom lags were no good and I had to but some new ones from true value.I also struggled about an hour trying to get the drivers side muffler on when I realized that removing the complete hanger unit from under the car was the way to go. It took all of ten minutes after that.
You can do the spings yourself.Its not that bad of a job. Just make sure you torque everything back to factory specs...Good luck..Part of the fun is wrenching on your own car !!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:17 PM
krazykevin
2nd Gear Member

I changed out springs on a mustang in 3 hours on jackstands without taking the wheels off (LONG STORY) Its not bad to do. On americanmuscle.com under the steeda sport springs, there is a very good write up that I used. You will need a spring compressor but those can be rented. Your shocks will wear out faster, but if the ride is fine with you then ride on them until they wear out. Sport Shocks (koni...) are a nice upgrade in the future. but you will probably need a panhard before much else. You will probably have do some sort of camber correction in the front and should definitely get an alignment a week or so after you lower it to let the springs settle to their final point.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:35 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by vixr
I thought the stock struts are too tall for the Eibach sportlines...the stock strut will be too far compressed and wont perform well or last very long.
aftermarket struts wouldn't be designed any differently.

Quick Reply: lots of new stuff on the way.