Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American muscle exhaust question

Old 03-14-2014, 07:47 AM
iMuf
1st Gear Member

Default American muscle exhaust question

Hey guys so I just got a paycheck and it's time to give my new mustang some pipes. I had originally been looking at SLP's muffler delete, pypes muffler delete, and borla stingers. Then I heard a video of Mac boom tubes and I'm pretty much sold on those at least for now. But I do have a question before I pull the trigger. I'm planning on getting them from american muscle and it says you can upgrade the exhaust hangers for $40. Is it worth it? Do I need to upgrade them for any reason?
Old 03-14-2014, 08:50 AM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by iMuf
Hey guys so I just got a paycheck and it's time to give my new mustang some pipes. I had originally been looking at SLP's muffler delete, pypes muffler delete, and borla stingers. Then I heard a video of Mac boom tubes and I'm pretty much sold on those at least for now. But I do have a question before I pull the trigger. I'm planning on getting them from american muscle and it says you can upgrade the exhaust hangers for $40. Is it worth it? Do I need to upgrade them for any reason?
you finally got A paycheck and you are blowing it away on the stang??

those hangars are pretty much a replacement, so if your current hangars are worn out/rusty I would replace them.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:58 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Hey,

Good question, quite a few people ask the same question when getting a new exhaust.

Depending on how many miles your 06 has will determine if you need them. If you have anything less than 70k miles I doubt you will need them. If you have over 70k miles, I still doubt you will need them, but I would get a set just in case you break one or find that they are corroded during the install. If you buy them and wind up don't needing them we can always set up a return.

Also, keep in mind if you order with us, you are entitled to a 6% discount for being a forum member.

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions feel free to get in touch with myself or our customer service team. Good luck!

-Dan
Old 03-14-2014, 09:14 AM
iMuf
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Hey,

Good question, quite a few people ask the same question when getting a new exhaust.

Depending on how many miles your 06 has will determine if you need them. If you have anything less than 70k miles I doubt you will need them. If you have over 70k miles, I still doubt you will need them, but I would get a set just in case you break one or find that they are corroded during the install. If you buy them and wind up don't needing them we can always set up a return.

Also, keep in mind if you order with us, you are entitled to a 6% discount for being a forum member.

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions feel free to get in touch with myself or our customer service team. Good luck!

-Dan
How do you go about getting the 6% discount? Is there a promo code we have to put in?
Old 03-14-2014, 11:55 AM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

Don't get the hangers. Yours r fine. Those new hangers r just shiny. no one is going to see them anyway.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:57 AM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

How do you go about getting the 6% discount? Is there a promo code we have to put in?
PM Dan for it if he hasn't already PMed you.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:24 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Does anybody remember Razors post a few months back about modding these cars and how companies like AM we're laughing all the way to the bank? LOL.... Razor you have a new mod thread every week dude......I love it! You are as addicted as I am and most of us here. Lol. I vote for the Borlas, my 6th and final exhaust setup. Nothing has sounded better with my mods.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:30 PM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

+1 on Borla.

My car sounds great with them compared to stock. I can only imagine how good it would sound in person on a GT.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:54 AM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Does anybody remember Razors post a few months back about modding these cars and how companies like AM we're laughing all the way to the bank? LOL.... Razor you have a new mod thread every week dude......I love it! You are as addicted as I am and most of us here. Lol. I vote for the Borlas, my 6th and final exhaust setup. Nothing has sounded better with my mods.
Yeah there's no escaping it I guess, I went from an old sn95 v6 to a s197 GT hoping I wouldn't want to mod it and I'd be satisfied with monthly payments alone, but my rims should come Wednesday so hoping after that I will stop...maybe.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:28 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

I'll shoot you a PM with the discount code included! Enjoy.

-Dan