Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tires and wheels...

Old 03-17-2014, 07:43 PM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

Default Tires and wheels...

Hey guys,

I need to buy new tires for my mustang and thought it would be a good time to get the chrome wheels I always wanted. What do you guys have to say about the tire and wheel packages that American Muscle or NTO have to offer? I need all season tires as it is a daily driver. Or if customizing my own package by buying from tires.com and buying wheels elsewhere would be cheaper.

I am not a huge tire guy so I am not familiar with what is good and what is bad or just ok. I think NTO off Nitro tires, I have never even heard of those.

Thanks.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Google is your friend. Also, web sites such as TireRack have very good ratings (by end users; us) except they don't have ratings for tires they don't sell.

Just be aware that all season tires suck in snow. Some suck worse than others and some suck better than others but they all suck compared to dedicated winter tires. The ratings will give you some idea of the better vs worse suckees.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:49 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LordRipberger
Hey guys,

I need to buy new tires for my mustang and thought it would be a good time to get the chrome wheels I always wanted. What do you guys have to say about the tire and wheel packages that American Muscle or NTO have to offer? I need all season tires as it is a daily driver. Or if customizing my own package by buying from tires.com and buying wheels elsewhere would be cheaper.

I am not a huge tire guy so I am not familiar with what is good and what is bad or just ok. I think NTO off Nitro tires, I have never even heard of those.

Thanks.
Buying tires is usually a pretty easy purchase. However, it really depends on what you have planned for the car and what type of driving you do. If you drive the car aggressively, I would definitely lean towards a nice sticky summer tire and get a set of winter tires for your Stock Wheels. I wouldn't recommend using your Chrome Wheels in the winter anyway. The salt on the roads can really take a toll on Chrome Wheels.

We have a ton of different tire options that you'll really enjoy. Mickey Thompson, Nitto, Falken, Pirelli, Sumitomo etc.. Any of these will definitely do the trick for you! If you have some questions on each tire feel free to hit up our CS team and we'll make sure you're taken care of. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Old 03-18-2014, 11:43 AM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

I can use the gunmetal wheels I have currently. I am just looking to buy two sets of tires. What kind of tire can I get that would allow me to use them all year? I think summer tires are about the same as all-season from what I am getting.

Can't I switch rims with the seasons?
Old 03-21-2014, 01:47 PM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

My tires all have dry rot on them but plenty of tread. I want to avoid having buy tires before the tread wears out again. This is my main concern.

Right now, I have all season Pirelli tires. I don't think these suck in the snow. So, nuke, I would like to know your opinion on these so I can gauge what your level of "suck" is.

Thanks.