Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your S197 today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 07:36 PM
Blueper
2nd Gear Member

3 weeks ago, I installed heated seat pads in the fronts.
Not sure why I waited. LOVE them!!!
only 30$ for both seats
Amazon.com: 2 Seats Carbon Fiber Seat Heater Kits 3 Years USA Warranty: Automotive Amazon.com: 2 Seats Carbon Fiber Seat Heater Kits 3 Years USA Warranty: Automotive
Old 04-13-2014, 07:52 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by vixr
the stalker hood is functional, CLICK HERE although you must buy an additional part to route the air over to the CAI...
Yes..you can use it for heat extraction as is. But to get it to be a functional ram air hood you're lookin at another $399.99 and mind you it don't look like they're providing an inlet mesh ... so they'll probably charge for it too??? Hey its a nice hood, but for that total amount I'd just look at a Carbon fiber Black Mamba at least that's manufactured to be functional as is for the price you pay?? That's just me...

Still, if its what you like. Then go for it. The only person you need to please is....You.

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
You do know that the front splitter only works because it causes "drag" on the front end to create downforce. And unless you track the car it is working against you with worst fuel mileage
The splitter works because it causes a drop in air pressure at high speeds to cause a suction (low pressure effect) effect beneath the vehicle

At low speeds It's not drag thats as dramatic as an air dam that forces all the air out to the side. Its a splitter that still directs air through the OEM lower inlet to aid in cooling the radiator while directing additional air up the OEM inlet duct for the CAI and prevents airflow from going under the vehicle to cause lift by routing it around the sides more efficiently than the OEM lower lip thus effectively preventing the front end tendency to lift. Like when most cars accelerating on the Hwy go nose-up when they stomp on it. It even has molded damlets along the outer edge to shape the airflow to bow around the tires instead of going in and under the chassis to again cause lift. And I'll add if you're worried about mileage... it's removable. So you can pull double duty if and when you feel like it, most splitter kits are a permanent addition or require removing or replacing a portion of the OEM lower front fascia. This kit...It literally snaps on over the existing fascia and un-clips to get it off in minutes. ;-)

If you're going to have a ram air scoop then physics is going to lift the nose. So a Splitter helps to negate that tendency by applying downforce. Therefore functional.

If I'm losing any mileage....I ain't noticing it nor do I care since the car feels more stable and controlled at higher speeds. Again... if you're gonna put it on...it might as well serve a purpose and be functional.

BTW. ... If the car is lowered and the Splitter is functional it will result in less drag at higher speeds.. It's an low air pressure concept to help....Keep the vehicle planted without lifting.

Aren't your hood scoops functional? If not then they are at least serving as an air dam. Which would benefit from a functional splitter as well. ;-)

Hey, everyone is different and we all have our own priorities. Mine certainly won't float everyone's boat. but it works for me. And according to my kids... and my friends... looks cool too.

---

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 04-17-2014 at 07:59 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 04-13-2014, 10:31 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Boom

Summers went back on today...

f14's ready for take off...

---
Old 04-14-2014, 09:36 AM
cedarmn
1st Gear Member

SO over the weekend I picked up my new wheels and through them on. Really happy I went for the staggered setup. They look awesome from the rear. Now more than ever I need to lower my car. I also through on my CAI and installed my tuner. Wanted to throw on my exhaust but my wife wanted some time in the sun. I'm told it's all about balance...lol

Name:  stang.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  4.1 KB
Old 04-14-2014, 11:24 AM
RenGen
Banned

Put some fuel in today, but did a ton of mods last year, and got some good ones planned this month!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:22 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Damn, damn, damn, damn......

It was 80 degrees this past weekend.... And now it snows today!!!!! And I've got my Summer tires on now.

DAMN!
Old 04-15-2014, 10:00 PM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

pumped a tire up (tpm light came on)
drove it round the block to avoid tire flat spotting
Old 04-16-2014, 09:14 AM
86HOGT
5th Gear Member

Put in the konis up front and J&M plates. We're looking to get our last(I hope) snow storm later today and tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your S197 today?-image-3144135227.jpg  
Old 04-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Transferred the heat shroud from my OEM hood to my Roush hood....
Old 04-17-2014, 10:51 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Scheduled an appointment to get an estimate on my car's damage from insurance. Hopefully I'll have it in the shop next week! I'm getting excited.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your S197 today?