Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got one!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

A lot of your concerns are probably just buyer's remorse getting the best of you. Hopefully that settles down. If you can, try and separate the car from the financial situation surrounding it. Any small thing is going to seem huge when you're trying to decide if you made the right move. But the point is, you already bought the car, so relax and try to enjoy it.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I'm sure that's probably what it is.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:22 PM
MJ'stang

Default Finally My First 'stang

Got this Baby Mustang few weeks ago..And i have Stripes,hood,Spoiler,Grille,Wheels and Exhaust waiting to get on it...:P to make it grown up.
Attached Thumbnails Finally got one!-.jpg  
Old 03-27-2014, 05:41 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

I have a 2014 Base GT with the automatic and mine idles smooth as it can be and does not feel sluggish at all. I also would not call the stock exhaust loud at freeway speeds. I could hardly hear mine when I had the factory exhaust on.

Hopefully things will get better as time goes on.

Wayne

PS. mine is gray also.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:00 PM
tobaGT

Originally Posted by Tanner05
A lot of your concerns are probably just buyer's remorse getting the best of you. Hopefully that settles down. If you can, try and separate the car from the financial situation surrounding it. Any small thing is going to seem huge when you're trying to decide if you made the right move. But the point is, you already bought the car, so relax and try to enjoy it.
+1 for this.

As for some of the noises and things you may not be used to, the whole point of a Mustang is the experience. There's the sound, the handling characteristics, the man/machine/road dynamic that somebody else mentioned. I'm waiting on my 14 GT to come in, but I'm ready for all of the above.

I wanted a Mustang for the Mustang Experience, which is a muscle car experience. I knew I wanted it when I slid into one in the showroom and closed the door. On my test drive, I started it and wanted it. I drove it and even though I've driven only imports for the last 10 years, the clutch felt natural, slipping through gears was easy. My wife, who came with me, even said to me, "I've never seen a car suit someone so well." Of course, that was 2 years ago, and she followed it up with "...but where are you going to park it?" At the time we lived in a small condo with only outdoor parking next to old people that bash your doors. We bought a house 6 months later. Another 18 months, and my Mustang is on the assembly line.

I say relax. On Friday night, just go for a drive. Don't concentrate on every little sound or unfamiliar feeling you get. Just have fun.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:48 AM
shiftV6

I agree with Tanner also. It's mostly just buyers remorse over the money. And a 14 GT is a beast of a car. You're gonna feel her underneath you. But it's a good thing. You'll get used to it.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:01 AM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

I went from a 4 door truck to a Mustang and oh boy, do i miss the storage.
I bought a 15X10 inch storage box that i put some sticky velcro (the hook side) on the bottom. I keep my front plate, tuner, owners manual stuff, purel lol, and my detail stuff. the velcro hooks onto the trunk mat perfectly, its effortless to lift it off but its firm enough to keep it in place. That freed up my glove box for small things and i dont feel so cluttered in the car
Old 03-28-2014, 02:26 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

If you think a stock mustang is loud then never get near my car! Relax its a stang, its meant to be unruly at times....its not euro tuner car. Congrats!!!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:49 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Congrats
Old 03-28-2014, 07:03 AM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, getting in it and going to work today felt good. I'm getting used to the shifter now and I notice I'm taking off pretty quick compared to other cars and I'm not even trying much. I don't think I've even revved it past 4k yet.

Quick Reply: Finally got one!