Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got one!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 09:41 PM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Default Finally got one!

Well I went and done did it today. After about 8 hours of haggling, I came home with a Gray 2014 Mustang GT base with 3.73 gears. It was a little bit more than I wanted to pay mostly due to the carfax on my Genesis, but not that bad. I got a decent rate and don't have to worry about keeping a black car clean all the time now. I test drove a couple black cars, one auto and one manual. The auto just felt a little sluggish and when I got in the manual I could tell an immediate difference. I'm thinking a lot of it is the upgraded gearing. I didn't even test drive this one and for some reason it feels a little sluggish and the motor seams to really shake the car especially after driving on the freeway for awhile. Whats weird is ordinary cars were passing me on takeoff most of the time, but to be fair I am still getting used to the clutch and was taking it a little easy because I hear you are not supposed to really get on them until they get broken in good ~500 miles or so, is that correct? Maybe it because I'm used to a smooth turbo 4 cylinder too. It sure looks nice though. I have to call my uncle yet to get his pin too and I haven't talked to him in years. Hope I made a good decision and figure out what to do for next winter, winter tires for sure or maybe a beater...
Old 03-26-2014, 09:53 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Congrats! As always, we're going to have to insist on pictures.

Originally Posted by Mrbobcat
Whats weird is ordinary cars were passing me on takeoff most of the time, but to be fair I am still getting used to the clutch and was taking it a little easy because I hear you are not supposed to really get on them until they get broken in good ~500 miles or so, is that correct? Maybe it because I'm used to a smooth turbo 4 cylinder too. It sure looks nice though. I have to call my uncle yet to get his pin too and I haven't talked to him in years. Hope I made a good decision and figure out what to do for next winter, winter tires for sure or maybe a beater...
The factory tune is very conservative, but you shouldn't have a problem passing a vast majority of drivers out there. Obviously, if you're driving around like a grandma, people are going to pass you regardless of how much HP/TQ you're putting down. You simply cannot beat the responsiveness of an NA engine, though; you make a lot of power right off the bat, instead of waiting around for your turbo to spool up.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:57 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Awesome! Yep, I agree. We need pics.
Haha yeah don't worry, Bobcat, you're just not getting on it yet. Trust me, it's fast.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:20 PM
l00kitzzlilcj
2nd Gear Member

Congratulations! Felt like the best feeling in the world when I finally got my mustang, I'm sure it's no different for you haha. Work that new engine in slowly.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:35 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

Congratulations! Let's see some pics!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:57 AM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Thanks. Its dreary and raining today so it may be a few days until I get some pics up. A couple things I noticed on the way home: the seat can't be tilted down in the front and will take some time to get used to and the glove box is tiny and I can't hardly even get my maps and paperwork in there. Where do you guys put that stuff?
Old 03-27-2014, 11:17 AM
chub46
2nd Gear Member

Congratulations on the new mustang!
As far as stuff in the car, I try to travel light. I keep the owner's manual and maintenance receipts in the glove box. Sometimes I will put the GPS in the glove box if I am traveling with it. I put maps in the pocket behind the passenger seat and an umbrella in the packet behind the driver seat. I also keep a few hand tools and other small items in the center console.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:51 AM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

Congrats! As far as break in goes, from the 2014 OM...

BREAKING-IN
You need to break in new tires for approximately 300 miles
(480 kilometers). During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unique
driving characteristics. Avoid driving too fast during the first 1000 miles
(1600 kilometers). Vary your speed frequently and change up through
the gears early. Do not labor the engine. Do not tow during the first
1000 miles (1600 kilometers).
Old 03-27-2014, 11:56 AM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the input. I hope I made the right decision, starting over on payments and manual rwd in the winter and such. I'm also not used to the vibration mostly when idling and it is a little loud while cruising on the freeway. I hope I will get used to this. I kind of wished I would have taken a longer test drive or had the opportunity to take one overnight closer to where I live.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:24 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mrbobcat
Thanks for the input. I hope I made the right decision, starting over on payments and manual rwd in the winter and such. I'm also not used to the vibration mostly when idling and it is a little loud while cruising on the freeway. I hope I will get used to this. I kind of wished I would have taken a longer test drive or had the opportunity to take one overnight closer to where I live.
The other car in our garage is a 2014 328i M-sport. So when a day comes (i.e. never) that I don't want road/engine/exhaust noise, the idle rumble of my V8, and the bucking from my live axle, I'll simply drive the bimmer. This car is not for the comfort, but for the connection of man, machine, and the road. I'm beginning to think a stang isn't the perfect fit you were hoping for.

Quick Reply: Finally got one!