Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

went to the dealer for a paint seal... came home with....

Old 04-05-2014, 06:26 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Goldenpony
If that was my new GT500, that service manager would wake up with a severed horse's head in his bed.
This ^
Old 04-05-2014, 03:29 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Let us know how it goes. Wishing you all the best with that beautiful car.

Last edited by rogan01; 04-05-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:11 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by 04stangman
My car and stripes are brand new. I dropped her off at the dealer to get a paint sealant and when I got her home and started to look her over real good I notice the stripe on my hood if all messed up. I know they had to have done it and noticed the damage. Now I'm pissed. They told me they would get back back in touch with me on the fix.... but jeez. Anyone know if there is a fix or will It have to be replaced?
Glad to learn your dealer is taking care of this for you, 04stangman. Let me know if you need me.

Deysha
Old 04-08-2014, 10:46 PM
MADSCOTSMAN
2nd Gear Member

WOW, you spent 55K+ on a premium vehicle from them which they screwed up while adding something addtional that they sold you and you paid for, and no loaner car??? I guess times have changed. Seems like they should be going out of their way to make you happy IMO and should at least get you a loaner. I had a rental car delivered to my house by my dealership the third time it had to go back to their bodyshop because of runs and bubbles in their repair job. The second time I got a rental as well, I just had to pick it up at the dealership.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:22 AM
Weather Man
1st Gear Member

The dealer just replied and they ordered new stripes and they will be in sometime next week... and they will need the car for the day to install them. Good deal except for me having to drop the car for the day and not getting a loaner. What a pain...
Your dropping off a new GT500 to fix a dealer ****up and don't get a loaner!!!!! When you get your dealer survey, you need to zero these douchebags out. That is completely unacceptable. I would have gone nuts on them. Sham wow!
Old 04-10-2014, 08:33 AM
04stangman
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Glad to learn your dealer is taking care of this for you, 04stangman. Let me know if you need me.

Deysha
Thank you Deysha.

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
WOW, you spent 55K+ on a premium vehicle from them which they screwed up while adding something addtional that they sold you and you paid for, and no loaner car??? I guess times have changed. Seems like they should be going out of their way to make you happy IMO and should at least get you a loaner. I had a rental car delivered to my house by my dealership the third time it had to go back to their bodyshop because of runs and bubbles in their repair job. The second time I got a rental as well, I just had to pick it up at the dealership.
Originally Posted by Weather Man
Your dropping off a new GT500 to fix a dealer ****up and don't get a loaner!!!!! When you get your dealer survey, you need to zero these douchebags out. That is completely unacceptable. I would have gone nuts on them. Sham wow!
I agree with both MADSCOTSMAN and Weather man.... I should at least get a used lot car or something since it was not my fault. Its been a week now and I still haven't heard anything on when they might get the stripes in. Ugh. I cant imagine in this day and age where it takes over a week for something to be ordered and received... especially when its a dealer seeking parts their own factory parts. Id even pay for the overnight shipping. :/
Old 04-10-2014, 03:30 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

it's a sad reality of the crappiness of the stripes.

I had my GT striped from the dealership, it was what they offered for free to get my sale.

After like 17 months of ownership with the car, the stripes look like total crap all over. I'm planning on getting them painted. I feel it's unacceptable personally.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:30 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Thank you Deysha.
You're very welcome!

Deysha
Old 04-15-2014, 03:10 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Is it fixed? They probably aren't going to do the stripes anyway. They probably have a detailer who comes to their shop once a week and does work like this.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:39 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Default Roanstang's build

My dealer in Port Lavaca,Tx. has it's own body shop, does yours?
Attached Thumbnails went to the dealer for a paint seal... came home with....-tn_port-lavaca-ford-003.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: went to the dealer for a paint seal... came home with....