Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice needed on my experience so far.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:51 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

My advice is just get through this part then find a new dealership to help maintain your new ride. It's not the cars fault...this is the dealership.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:16 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
That is why I don't let other people wash/detail my car. I'm picky about it and hate swirl marks. I didn't even want them to wash it before they gave me the keys (ordered the car) but they said they had to.. and behold, I get home and look at it and see a bunch of scratches in the hood. (might not have been from the washing, but i suspect it was) they did take it to a paint shop and got it all fixed up for me, got all the scratches buffed out though so no big deal in the end.

So if you take your car in, tell them you don't want them to wash it because you are picky about things. (I don't use a pressure washer on my vehicle, think it hurts more than helps).

My brother took his 2013 ford fussion in for some work, they washed it with what looked like brillo pads, it had the worst swirl marks imaginable, even after taking it to a pro to be buffed you can still see them, not as bad, but still there... ofcourse it's black so it stands out.. and my mustang is kona blue so it's almost as bad if I get them. (so far so good after 3 years of ownership)

This Saturday should be a good time for me to do my spring wax... getting all the way up to 62 degrees here for a high heheh.
Had to my ***. I would have asked them if they wanted a sale or not. When I got my BMW (only car I've bought new) I told them not to wash it and they had no issue with that. I will never let a dealer touch my paint.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:46 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

I agree only I wash my baby, yeah it takes me 6 hours but your not going to find a spec of dirt on it except for the part of tire on the ground :P The 16 year old wash boy does not know his *** from a hole in the ground when it comes to washing a car right so the paints not damaged.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:57 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Hey 04Stangman, I discussed your situation with the Utah Mustang club and apparently LHM is known to be sketchy and has rubbed a lot of the guys the wrong way. One of the members who owns a '13 GT500 works at a Ford in Ogden, and can probably help you out if you need anything.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:39 PM
04stangman
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ricardo
Hey 04Stangman, I discussed your situation with the Utah Mustang club and apparently LHM is known to be sketchy and has rubbed a lot of the guys the wrong way. One of the members who owns a '13 GT500 works at a Ford in Ogden, and can probably help you out if you need anything.
Thanks my man. I gotta look into some good clubs around my area. GT500 and sketchy do not even belong in the same sentance. It's a shame too because LHM is the biggest dealership in these parts. I've got my last three stangs from them and it doesn't seem like I'm ever going to learn except for the hard way. ;/
Old 04-18-2014, 10:06 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by 04stangman
Thanks a bunch Deysha... If they don't get it right this time Ill will be taking you up on your offer of support. But I think as it goes now, I need more friends than enemies. at the dealership... I just don't want to make anyone mad at my dealership by taking it to that level. Then Ill probably have worse luck over there.... :/
You're welcome, 04stangman. Just keep me posted.

Deysha
Old 04-18-2014, 01:58 PM
RetiredSFC 97
1st Gear Member

I was told once not to come back to the local Dodge dealer.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:19 PM
Clevor

Originally Posted by Cristoff
I feel your pain. I took my 2013 in to have them replace a vibrating rear view mirror (under warranty) and after about an hour, the service advisor comes up to me to let me know that they cracked my windshield straight down the center trying to get the mirror off. They ordered another windshield and I'm waiting for their call.

Express your issues with the Service Manager and GM. You should AT LEAST be compensated with a loaner car or rental while they fix the problem that THEY created.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh this is hilarious! Before I picked up my 2013 Premium GT, I wanted to have a backup camera installed. The video screen would have to be in a rearview mirror since my car did not have GPS. Well Googling the web brought up many cases of broken windshields due to the new mirror design Ford implemented around 2012 or so. Even the pros were breaking the windshield trying to apply tint. I therefore contacted my dealer and was willing to PAY them $115/hr or something to remove the mirror since you would figure they had the right tools and knowledge to do it. The dealer gave me the cold feet deal so I gave up on the camera. The dealer was too chicken to give it a try when I sent them the web links of horror stories. Imagine breaking the windshield on a car that the customer hasn't even picked up yet! Plus they would have to pick up the tab.

I heard the correct tool to do it costs $300-400 but the dealer said they didn't have it. I heard it's just a trick really, and doesn't require special tools - but guts!

Last edited by Clevor; 04-18-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:14 PM
04stangman
2nd Gear Member

Updated...
Old 04-24-2014, 08:29 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Damn, OP. Don't let them touch your car again. You've been more than understanding. It's time to take it elsewhere.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advice needed on my experience so far.