Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #1
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 mustang gt
Default slp line lock install???????

do you remove the stock adapter from the master cylinder? the stock line is screwed into an adapter which is screwed into the master cylinder, but the pictures show the new line screwed directly into the master cylinder.

This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict

Last edited by moosestang; 05-08-2014 at 04:17 PM.
moosestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
moosestang
6th Gear Member

i found a pick of the 07-09 gt install on american muscle and the did not remove that adapter. i cant imagine the line would have anything to seal against without it,but maybe the master cylinder port is tapered.

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/...09gt500-04.jpg

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict
Old 04-25-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Installed it leaving the stock fitting in the master cylinder. After a few extra turns of the wrench, everything appears to be leak free. I hate working on brakes.

I read this was easy, HA! Getting that stock line out is a bitch! If I had it to do over, i'd have just cut that mother. I drained the master cylinder by quickly pulling the line out of the abs block and sticking it in a hose I had running down in front of the motor and still ended up getting brake fluid all over the headers while trying to remove the stock line.

Now, how the F do you drill a hole to mount the damn solenoid?

Pumpkin jacking addict
Old 04-26-2014, 09:01 AM   #4
moosestang
6th Gear Member

It's looking like double sided emblem tape, unless I want to spend another $38 on a right angle drill from amazon. The thing is held pretty good by just the lines.

Pumpkin jacking addict
Old 04-26-2014, 06:28 PM   #5
moosestang
6th Gear Member

It works!

Click the image to open in full size.

pick showing the master cylinder. If you look at the slp instructions, their pic doesn't look like this. They removed that big silver nut.

I just put the switch in a hole for my wideband reset button, which I hid behind the panel.

Pumpkin jacking addict
Old 04-27-2014, 10:09 AM   #6
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

Good job on the install, I installed the dual line locks using Taco Bills thread, I just tapped into the front brake line in front of the calipers. Looks like tapping into the master cylinder is quite a bit more work. I hooked my switch to a relay which changes the horn circuit to the line locks. Pressing the horn button activates the line locks which makes using them very convenient. The switch usage is used to change between line locks and horn. I would post a pick where I attached the relay to the horn circuit, but I never figured out how to post pics.
StantheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:05 PM   #7
moosestang
6th Gear Member

i initially pieced together my own kit back in 06 using two summit solenoids, but i could never get the passenger side to hold as tight as the driver side and trhe car who kick out hard. I even tried swapping the solenoids. this kit is so much simpler and no chance of one solenoid being stronger than the other. half the wiring and half the brake lines to deal with.

If you don't want to save the stock line, then this is a very easy install, aside from mounting the solenoid. the 07+ slp kits have the solenoid mounted higher up on the shock tower, so easier to mount.

Pumpkin jacking addict
Old 04-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #8
moosestang
6th Gear Member

well i drove to work and back. Had a slight leak at the master cylinder fitting and the solenoid fitting on the master cylinder side. these are the same two that leaked after the initial test. I gave them another 1/4 turn and will recheck for leaks tomorrow. they better seal!!

Pumpkin jacking addict
Old 04-28-2014, 06:44 PM   #9
ModBargains
Sponsor

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang 5.0
https://www.facebook.com/modbargains.jurrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosestang View Post
C'mon now, you can do better than that

We Specialize In: Mustang Wheels | Mustang Suspension | Mustang Exhaust | Mustang Performance | Mustang Brakes |
Modification Expert - Jurrian Terpstra | Jurrian@ModBargains.com | (714) 582-3330 ext. 8002
ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:04 PM   #10
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains View Post
C'mon now, you can do better than that

I know. that was a short 1st gear test. I didn't know if the brakes would hold and my driveway isn't that long!

Pumpkin jacking addict
Old 04-28-2014, 07:04 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement