Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aeroforce Single Interceptor Gauge and reading my Temp

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Steven Bannoura
2nd Gear Member

Default Aeroforce Single Interceptor Gauge and reading my Temp

Hey;

So my Temp gauge only works 20% of the time, mostly when its hot outside . Iam looking into the Aeroforce Single Interceptor Gauge from americanmuscle.com and was wondering if it does the job of making sure my vehicle doesn't overheat . does this unit read what the Temp gauge on my cluster would read. I called Americanmuscle but they don't seem to know.

My Fuel gauge also doesn't work, it happened after the accident, was wondering if it also reads Fuel level.

Here is what the gauge reads;

RPM
MPH
Intake Air Temperature (post Intercooler)
Ambient Air Temperature (pre Intercooler)
Engine Coolant Temperature
Exhaust Gas Temperature (PCM Calculated)
Transmission Temp. (auto trans)
Manifold Pressure (vacuum/boost) displayed in PSI
Fuel Temperature
Battery Voltage
Battery Temp
Injector Pulse Width in msec.
Injector Duty Cycle (%)
Air Flow Rate into engine
Long Term Fuel Trim
Short Term Fuel Trim
O2 Sensor Voltage
Barometric Pressure
Ignition Advance
Base Spark
PCM Spark Adjust
Fuel Status (open/closed loop)
Wastegate Solenoid Duty Cycle (%)
Knock Retard
Knock Sensor Raw Voltage
Throttle Position Percentage
Throttle Position Sensor Raw Volts
Calculated Net Horsepower
Engine Load
Transmission Slip
Current Transmission Gear
Torque Delivered to Transmission
Torque Converter lockup status
Brake pressure
Brake Booster Travel
Steering Angle
Non-driven Wheel Speed
Lateral G's
Yaw
Fuel economy (instantaneous and average)
P-ratio - pressure ratio MAP/Barometer
2 user configurable analog inputs**

Thanks
Old 05-01-2014, 11:46 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

It reads coolant temp... to the actual degree versus cold/operational/hot
Old 05-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Steven Bannoura
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
It reads coolant temp... to the actual degree versus cold/operational/hot
I am kind of a noob when it comes to that, but what is the different between the coolant temp and the actual temp that the gauge reads? would you recommend i get this gauge and keep an eye on the coolant temp to see if the engine is overheating ?
Old 05-01-2014, 12:23 PM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

The aeroforce reads the temp that the computer calculates from the cylinder head temp. These engines do not have an actual coolant temp sensor. There really isn't much difference in the two temperatures if the engine is warmed up and everything is operating correctly. It will also show the actual head temp too. The aeroforce will also tell you the % of fuel you have left in the tank.
It will show you readings for two different things at once. I use it to show IAT temps and Coolant temp most of the time. I really like it.

Last edited by jpplaw; 05-01-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Steven Bannoura
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jpplaw
The aeroforce reads the temp that the computer calculates from the cylinder head temp. These engines do not have an actual coolant temp sensor. There really isn't much difference in the two temperatures if the engine is warmed up and everything is operating correctly. It will also show the actual head temp too. The aeroforce will also tell you the % of fuel you have left in the tank.
It will show you readings for two different things at once. I use it to show IAT temps and Coolant temp most of the time. I really like it.
it sounds like you recommend it , it sounds to be a better deal then actually taking it to the dealer and getting it fixed.

What should i have it set on to know the actual temp and what is the degree that the it should be at ?
Old 05-01-2014, 04:55 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

The AeroForce Interceptor gauge is a nice piece, but I'd get your factory gauges working first. Your coolant temp gauge is less necessary, if you have the Aeroforce, but you may want to figure out what's causing the fuel gauge not to work. If it's not working because of the sensor in the gas tank, than even the Aeroforce gauge won't be able to tell you an accurate reading. On the same note, if just the gauge cluster is broken, the Aeroforce should still be accurate.

Hope this helps!

Shane
Old 05-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Steven Bannoura
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
The AeroForce Interceptor gauge is a nice piece, but I'd get your factory gauges working first. Your coolant temp gauge is less necessary, if you have the Aeroforce, but you may want to figure out what's causing the fuel gauge not to work. If it's not working because of the sensor in the gas tank, than even the Aeroforce gauge won't be able to tell you an accurate reading. On the same note, if just the gauge cluster is broken, the Aeroforce should still be accurate.

Hope this helps!

Shane
I went ahead and purchased it anyway, rather pay for a cool gauge then take it to the dealer and spend more trying to fix it. Both temp and fuel gauge started acting funny before going out so from what i read, its a big possibility that the cluster is bad . Plus i recently replaced the head cylinder temp sensor
Old 05-02-2014, 02:46 AM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Why do you guys still use these aeroforce gauges? Get an OBD-II bluetooth adaptor and run Torque on your phone or tablet. I run Scantool and their software and see all PIDs in real time on my bigscreen tablet instead of scrolling through a 1.5" circular guage.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:06 AM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ricardo
Why do you guys still use these aeroforce gauges? Get an OBD-II bluetooth adaptor and run Torque on your phone or tablet. I run Scantool and their software and see all PIDs in real time on my bigscreen tablet instead of scrolling through a 1.5" circular guage.
Simple answer: I use my aeroforce while driving
Old 05-02-2014, 08:13 AM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Steven Bannoura
What should i have it set on to know the actual temp and what is the degree that the it should be at ?
You want to use "Engine Coolant Temperature".
There is no "one size fits all" IAT temperature. My IAT's are higher than a N/A car because I am squeezing the air quite a bit even when not in boost. Rule of thumb is you do not want an IAT over 130 degrees because the computer will start pulling timing out of the engine. But obviously, the cooler your IAT is, the better.

Quick Reply: Aeroforce Single Interceptor Gauge and reading my Temp