Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-03-2014, 05:06 AM   #1
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Sonic Blue 4.0
DrFister
Default Back with a new whip!

CHYEA!

Hey all. Some of you may remember in the fall I totaled my beloved 05 v6. It was a heart-breaking experience to say the least. Since October I had been on the hunt for a new ride. In February I stumbled across a listing online for a 2009 GT. Drove 4 hours up North (Sudbury, ON) to check it out, and left a deposit with the owner. The previous owner, who bought it new, kept it in storage for me until the snow and salt had all gone, and I went yesterday to pick her up! It feels SO nice to be back behind the wheel again.

Got her home yesterday evening and gave her a quick bath, and of course as SOON as I started to dry her, it started pouring rain, uugh. At least it was nice weather for the drive home. Still didn't stop me from snapping a few pics!

Its a 2009 Gt 5 speed. 61,000km. Red leather, HIDs, Glass Roof, never seen snow. The previous owner was a gentleman in his 70s, and the car just wasn't fitting his lifestyle anymore. Him and his wife bought it new and drove it to Alaska once, and Banff Alberta twice, and some local summer only puttering around, that's about it. Still smalls new inside.

Its my first car with a stick shift, and prior to getting it, I had less than 3hrs of practice, but had zero problems driving her. Actually, I was so nervous about stalling her while leaving the previous owners house, I wasn't paying attention and hit a pothole leaving his driveway, and scraped the underside. No damage, but it just made a noticeable sound and I looked back and Could see the guys expression like "aughh" I kinda mouthed "oops" in the mirror and laughed to myself. The rest of the dirve was trouble free, lol.

Its so much fun to drive, coming from an auto sixer. She's defiantly got some get-up-and-go. Defiantly glad with my decision. Glass roof is amazing. Already has a Roush intake. JUST ordered some KR mufflers. and I have a few minor odds and ends salvaged from my old ride I'm going to throw on. Going to get it tinted within the next 2 weeks.

Eventual plans for the car are just to make it a fun cruiser. Bolt on's, full exhaust, springs and shocks, short throw shifter, maybe the frpp hot rod cams. But for this summer I just want to drive it and enjoy. We got some amazing roads around here and I just miss my 2am cruises in the summer with no traffic to get stuck behind.

Anyways, I just wanted to share my new purchase and Ill make some new posts with pictures of course as the week goes on, and I get her all cleaned up and throw some parts on her. Thanks for looking! Its SO good to be back!

Matt
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2005 Sonic Blue 4.0 V6 2005-2013 R.I.P.
2009 Black 4.6 GT FR500S exhaust, Roush CAI

Last edited by drfister; 05-03-2014 at 05:08 AM.
drfister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:52 AM   #2
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 GT500 07 GT vert

Looks good. It's great that it's had no mods done so you can make it totally your own too!

wcgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:14 AM   #3
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012, Mustang, GT
clark webster xtrapulp

Nice looking Mustang, glad to see you back in the saddle again...still trying to find the whip in the picture tho

Mustang Owners - A breed apart!
steel pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #4
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang
whosniffedme whosniffedme whosniffedme

Awesome car. If I hit a pothole leaving someone's house in a car I just bought from them I would be so embarrassed hahaha now blow your money on it.

Current Vehicle:
07' GT/CS Roushcharged http://mustangforums.com/forum/garag...sniffedme.html
Past Vehicles:'03 Explorer Sport Trac XLT,
'69 Mustang soft top fully rebuilt 351C swap
whosniffedme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #5
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Vehicle: '14 GT/CS

Great looking car, Drfister. That glass roof and red interior look sick together.

2014 GT/CS MT - Stock
Sold: 2005 4.0
Tanner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #6
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 BOSS 302
2012_CO_BOSS_302

very nice, congrats!

2012 BOSS 302
Competiton Orange/Black

1 of 67 (Car Cover, Floor Mats, No Recaros)
#0614 of 3250 (Overall)

20x9 & 20x11 Gloss Black Forgrstar F14's l 255/35/20 & 305/30/20 Pirelli P-Zero Tires l Eibach Sportlines l BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar l MMD Hood Struts l Shorty Antenna (AntennaX.com) l Sound Pipe Delete (CoolTechLLC.com)
05 Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:37 PM   #7
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Congrats! Glad you found something to fill that void.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #8
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005,ford,mustang gt

Wish mine had a glass roof Nice ride love the color choice and the red seats, the red seats was the seller for mine. So what's your 1st mod going to be.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #9
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Congrats! Looks like a mighty fine ride!
Old 05-05-2014, 05:39 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement