Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync stinks!

Old 05-06-2014, 07:43 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jhawkr
The Sync in my 2014 Mustang GT works fine with my iphone 4S. But I do have an issue with Sync. If you forget your phone, Sync will tell you that "Phone is disconnected". But not until you are 2 blocks away from home! Why doesn't the system check for the phone before I leave my driveway!!! Somebody wasn't thinking when they designed the boot sequence!
It does check. It's connecting to your phone while the car is parked at home, then once you drive out of range it tells you it's lost connection.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:12 AM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jhawkr
The Sync in my 2014 Mustang GT works fine with my iphone 4S. But I do have an issue with Sync. If you forget your phone, Sync will tell you that "Phone is disconnected". But not until you are 2 blocks away from home! Why doesn't the system check for the phone before I leave my driveway!!! Somebody wasn't thinking when they designed the boot sequence!
sounds to me like you're leaving your bluetooth on all the time, and sync is connecting to it from your house, and when you get out of range, it does what it's supposed to and lets you know it's disconnected.

sounds like an operational error.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:27 AM
RetiredSFC 97
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
sounds to me like you're leaving your bluetooth on all the time, and sync is connecting to it from your house, and when you get out of range, it does what it's supposed to and lets you know it's disconnected.

I agree
Old 05-06-2014, 11:05 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle

your signature makes me giggle
Old 05-07-2014, 09:21 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

If you guys think SYNC is bad dont get MyFordTouch. That system is even worse. I refuse to drive my wifes brand new Focus because it has the MFT system which is a shame as it is such a nice car...well besides the crappy transmission....
Old 05-07-2014, 11:41 AM
tenfifteen
1st Gear Member

We've had a '12 Focus Titanium (comes with MFT) since day one. Technically, Sync is a technology used inside MFT, but in any case... have had zero problem with it. I'm in IT, but wife is about as non-techy as you could imagine, only problem we've had with it was a couple of "lockups" that wouldn't go away before the car was restarted. That was before the update in early '12 though. No major issues since. I've never understood all the whining about it.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:02 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tenfifteen
We've had a '12 Focus Titanium (comes with MFT) since day one. Technically, Sync is a technology used inside MFT, but in any case... have had zero problem with it. I'm in IT, but wife is about as non-techy as you could imagine, only problem we've had with it was a couple of "lockups" that wouldn't go away before the car was restarted. That was before the update in early '12 though. No major issues since. I've never understood all the whining about it.
when it first came out, it was terrible.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:14 PM
jhawkr
2nd Gear Member

If you guys think SYNC is bad dont get MyFordTouch.
I do have My Ford Touch and I like it!

I didn't realize it would connect that far away. And yes, I leave Bluetooth on all the time. Why would I want to turn it on and off?
Old 05-07-2014, 12:16 PM
jhawkr
2nd Gear Member

By the way, if you get Navigation, you get My Ford Touch. It's part of the package regardless of trim. My wife's 2012 Focus SEL has it too.

Last edited by jhawkr; 05-07-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:46 PM
tenfifteen
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz78817
when it first came out, it was terrible.
Like I said, a '12 Focus Titanium (we got one of the first on the lot, April of '11 if I remember right)... I think the only car that had it before then was the '11 Edge. In any case, it hasn't changed all that much really. My biggest gripe is how long it takes to do an update, and the fact that the car has to be running while it's updating is annoying.

Beyond that though? Simple to use, reliable, does what I ask of it. I never use it for climate, but we use the voice/entertainment/phone/nav functions constantly, and I think it's great.

Have used a number of other ICE systems, and none of them feel very great. Maybe Carplay will be better, but for now, I think MFT is the best on the market. Hoping BlackBerry doesn't screw it up with Microsoft now out of the Sync biz.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sync stinks!