Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync stinks!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 10:56 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jhawkr
You missed my point.
No I didn't, I rejected your point outright.

Do some research of what My Ford Touch does and What Sync with Navigation does. It's almost line for line the same.
this is what you're going to hang your hat on? By your logic, Cadillac CUE is MyFord Touch because they do the same things. You asked for an irrefutable source, I gave you Ford Motor Company. If you're still going to dig in your heels and claim you have "MyFord Touch" in your car when you don't, then I'm done here.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:49 AM
jhawkr
2nd Gear Member

Ford didn't invent an entirely new system. They tweaked the one they had and put another name on it.

But you are right. My 2014 does not have My Touch. It has the Electronics Package with Navigation which has pretty much the same features that My Touch plus some it doesn't. My wife's 2012 Focus SEL has My Touch and they pretty much operate the same way. Feel better?
Old 05-08-2014, 04:02 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

My Mustang is actually a Camaro since they are similar pony cars.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:48 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
Now I have two phones that will sync. Yes, the other one, although not listed does in fact work. But I guess it's so old they didn't test it.
Hi RetiredSFC 97,

On the bright side, it sounds like you’ve mastered the phone pairing process.
Now that everything is straightened out, are you having any trouble with your SYNC system?

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
If you guys think SYNC is bad dont get MyFordTouch. That system is even worse. I refuse to drive my wifes brand new Focus because it has the MFT system which is a shame as it is such a nice car...
Hey Matt’s 95 Stang,

I know I’ve spoken to you in the past about your wife’s MyFord Touch system, but I can’t recall if it was before the release of V3.6.2. I encourage you (and your wife) to keep the software up-to-date by visiting: www.Support.Ford.com and verifying that your software is current.

Originally Posted by tenfifteen
...My biggest gripe is how long it takes to do an update, and the fact that the car has to be running while it's updating is annoying.

Beyond that though? Simple to use, reliable, does what I ask of it. I never use it for climate, but we use the voice/entertainment/phone/nav functions constantly, and I think it's great.
Thanks for sharing, tenfifteen. I'm glad you're enjoying your system.

...It gives you the option of screen touch control, buttons or voice control.
Originally Posted by jz78817
it has a touch screen, but it isn't MyFord Touch. ...
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
MFT and Sync are two totally different things.
Hi jhawkr, jz78817, and TheDivaDanielle.

The SYNC packages are called SYNC, SYNC with MyFord, SYNC with voice-activated navigation, and SYNC with MyFord Touch. I know it can get confusing since they all sound so similar. This website will let you know which SYNC packages are available for each type of vehicle: http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/...tang&year=2014

I hope this helps!

Kim
Old 05-13-2014, 11:08 AM
allenmaty
1st Gear Member

There is a TSB sync update that resolves a lot of issues, but it is dealer installed only. I just got my update last weekend and everything work good.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...sb13-09-22.pdf
Old 05-13-2014, 11:14 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

There is a TSB sync update that resolves a lot of issues, but it is dealer installed only. I just got my update last weekend and everything work good.
holy crap, a fix for the indexing bug? Hallelujah!
Old 05-14-2014, 07:44 AM
jhawkr
2nd Gear Member

The SYNC packages are called SYNC, SYNC with MyFord, SYNC with voice-activated navigation, and SYNC with MyFord Touch.
So, they are all "SYNC". Can we assume they are all built from the same base platform or all they all totally different systems?
Old 05-14-2014, 07:57 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

So, they are all "SYNC". Can we assume they are all built from the same base platform or all they all totally different systems?
That question is a little tricky, jhawkr. Although each system does share similarities, they all offer unique features. This page does a good job of explaining the differences. I encourage you to check it out: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...r-sync-version

Kim
Old 05-14-2014, 10:29 PM
miner999r
1st Gear Member

I wonder if the TSB will work for Canadian cars. For some strange reason Canadian cars seem to be cut off from a lot of the goodies available south of the 49th.

But then I haven't found anything to complain about, except there should be a new version of the navigation maps - still building and updating roads here every year - but probably way too small of a market here.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:23 AM
jhawkr
2nd Gear Member

That question is a little tricky, jhawkr. Although each system does share similarities, they all offer unique features. This page does a good job of explaining the differences. I encourage you to check it out:
Thank you. I understand the differences, but if SYNC is like most electronic products, all the systems will use the same basic "engine" (computer board) and the major differences will be software programming and peripheral equipment like screens, interfaces, etc. And, even these can change as new software is introduced. My wife's SYNC in her 2012 Focus SEL became much more like my 2014 Mustang GT Premium SYNC with the last dealer installed software update.