Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air conditioning woo's.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 07:38 AM
sandawilliams

Default Air conditioning woo's.

So here I am, 4 years after purchasing my 2011 v/6 mustang and still having air conditioner problems. The first 36 months ford warranty had my vehicle for about 45 days to try to fix the problem of the air not cooling. After a ford engineer showed up and performed many tests to determine the problem and determined there was nothing they would do about it I will have to live with this problem until I trade it for the Camaro or challenger.
In 82 degree ambient temperatures the air will continuously cycle from cool to hot, at a 25 degree differential, and cycling is continuous at about 15 seconds between the temps. This was the test result conducted by the ford engineer. Anyone else with these type of problems?
Old 05-06-2014, 02:33 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

You mean one second it's 45 degrees and the next it's 70? If it's low on charge, then the compressor will cycle on and off every few seconds, which will cause the temp to fluctuate. Mine does this because it has a leak at one of the quick connect fittings.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:03 AM
sandawilliams

Originally Posted by moosestang
You mean one second it's 45 degrees and the next it's 70? If it's low on charge, then the compressor will cycle on and off every few seconds, which will cause the temp to fluctuate. Mine does this because it has a leak at one of the quick connect fittings.
The system is fully charged and leak tested. Ford could not find anything to explain the fluctuation in temperature and finally gave up with no remedy and told me they could do nothing else.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:28 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

So does the compressor actually shut off and on every few seconds? You should be able to hear it clicking. You either have a bad low pressure relay, wot relay or it is actually low on freon due to a leak somewhere. Call ford customer service and escalate the matter.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:58 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Originally Posted by sandawilliams
The system is fully charged and leak tested. Ford could not find anything to explain the fluctuation in temperature and finally gave up with no remedy and told me they could do nothing else.
Bull **** they can not do anything. If you have paperwork showing this was a problem before your warranty expired then you should have no problem getting it fixed out of warranty. Take it to another dealership or call the BBB. Either way I want to hear what else happens.

Matthew
Old 05-07-2014, 11:19 AM
bones302
2nd Gear Member

sounds like a lemon law case to me.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:20 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

So here I am, 4 years after purchasing my 2011 v/6 mustang and still having air conditioner problems. The first 36 months ford warranty had my vehicle for about 45 days to try to fix the problem of the air not cooling. After a ford engineer showed up and performed many tests to determine the problem and determined there was nothing they would do about it I will have to live with this problem until I trade it for the Camaro or challenger.
In 82 degree ambient temperatures the air will continuously cycle from cool to hot, at a 25 degree differential, and cycling is continuous at about 15 seconds between the temps. This was the test result conducted by the ford engineer. Anyone else with these type of problems?
I know it’s been a long journey, and about 2 years since we last spoke but I’m happy to get this reviewed for you, sandawilliams. Let me know if you’d like me to.

Originally Posted by moosestang
So does the compressor actually shut off and on every few seconds? You should be able to hear it clicking. You either have a bad low pressure relay, wot relay or it is actually low on freon due to a leak somewhere. Call ford customer service and escalate the matter.
Thank you for the mention, moosestang!

Deysha
Old 05-08-2014, 07:09 AM
sandawilliams

Deysha-
The ford engineer who tested the system told my dealer there was nothing left for them to do and he considered the large temp differential to be 'within normal operating range'. Further research with a lemon law attorney showed that because ford kept the third service ticket open for about 30 days there was no remedy under the law. Every ford mechanic that worked on this problem said they would not accept this vehicle as their own with this problem. When ford tells me that they will do nothing else to remedy this and I cant file a lemon law case because of only three service tickets then what else is left?
Old 05-08-2014, 07:47 AM
edwin108
2nd Gear Member

OP: Is the compressor turning off when the air becomes hot or is the system cycling to heat? Also, does you car have manual climate control or automatic?
Old 05-08-2014, 11:59 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Deysha-
The ford engineer who tested the system told my dealer there was nothing left for them to do and he considered the large temp differential to be 'within normal operating range'. Further research with a lemon law attorney showed that because ford kept the third service ticket open for about 30 days there was no remedy under the law. Every ford mechanic that worked on this problem said they would not accept this vehicle as their own with this problem. When ford tells me that they will do nothing else to remedy this and I cant file a lemon law case because of only three service tickets then what else is left?
You’re welcome to bring it in to a different Ford Dealer and let me escalate this again for you, sandawilliams.

Deysha

Quick Reply: Air conditioning woo's.