Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carry Gun Scratching up Seatbeat Holder...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 03:25 PM
Edd2016

Default Carry Gun Scratching up Seatbeat Holder...

Does anybody else on here carry?

I usually carry a glock 9mm of some variety at my 3 o'clock. The problem I'm having is that my holster rubs the seatbelt retainer real bad on my Mustang. I've only had my car two months and my seatbelt retainer is all scratched up already.

Does anybody else have this problem? Have you found a way to fix it?

I tried wrapping some electrical tape around the seatbelt retainer hoping that might provide a buffer. But its so hot outside right now that the tape wont stay on.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Ed
Old 05-12-2014, 03:39 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I carry at 5 o'clock, so I don't have that problem. I also carry a kahr cm9, so it's not going to rub anything anyway, it's tiny! I can conceal at the 5 oclock postion much better than appendix carry and if someone comes up to car jack me or rob me, i'm going to have to reach around for my wallet or seat belt and come back with the kahr. If I think there might be trouble, then I carry the m&p 9c, 13 rounds is better than 7 anytime. I still carry it behind my back, because I'm skinny.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:46 PM
Edd2016

Originally Posted by moosestang
I carry at 5 o'clock, so I don't have that problem. I also carry a kahr cm9, so it's not going to rub anything anyway, it's tiny! I can conceal at the 5 oclock postion much better than appendix carry and if someone comes up to car jack me or rob me, i'm going to have to reach around for my wallet or seat belt and come back with the kahr. If I think there might be trouble, then I carry the m&p 9c, 13 rounds is better than 7 anytime. I still carry it behind my back, because I'm skinny.
Well that's the simplest solution... carrying at the 5 o'clock doesn't hurt your back with the sport seats?

Maybe its because you're skinny, but I stopped carrying that way to avoid having the gun jab into my back on long rides. I have back problems though so that might be part of it.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:02 PM
rjstubbl
1st Gear Member

I carry a 3" 1911 in a crossbreed supertuck at about 330-4 and I don't have any trouble. I'm not skinny and it does not poke me in the side.

Can't hardly tell its there most of the time.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:05 PM
jRaskell
2nd Gear Member

I carry at 5 o'clock as well, and I'm not exactly skinny. It can be uncomfortable on long rides (anything over an hour), but it's never been painful, even on the occasionally 3-4 hour drive to my parents. I don't have the sport seats though, just the base GT seats, which really don't have any side bolsters or lumbar support to speak of, so that may be part of it as well. I also don't have back problems.

I wouldn't expect electrical tape to solve anything either. More likely just make a mess of things as it got rubbed off itself.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:32 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Edd2016
Well that's the simplest solution... carrying at the 5 o'clock doesn't hurt your back with the sport seats?

Maybe its because you're skinny, but I stopped carrying that way to avoid having the gun jab into my back on long rides. I have back problems though so that might be part of it.
The cm9 is tiny! it's so flat and light, that i forget I have it on me. I use a kydex iwb holster made by pj holster and love it! I want another holster for the S&W. It takes like 2 months to get one though, because they are made to order and he's always backed up.

I have the sport seats and it doesn't bother me, but it's tiny!
Old 05-12-2014, 04:37 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

it looks big in this pic, but that's because I'm so thin. They call this a baby 9.

That's not the holster I use everyday, but you get the idea. With a good gun belt, this thing doesn't even feel like it's there.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:41 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

+1 on the Kahr. I have a PM9. OP, is the Glock a double stack? The Kahr is a single stack, which makes it thin. Your only choice may be to slide it forward or back a bit, but that can get uncomfortable depending on your waist size.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:45 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

If I'm going on a long trip, I appendix carry, actually more like 2 oclock, that's what's great about the iwb kydex, it works in any position. It's the thinnest holster type you can get, love mine.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:25 PM
dutch2081

wow...you americans..lol wow

Quick Reply: Carry Gun Scratching up Seatbeat Holder...