Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water leak 2014 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 12:30 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Default Water leak 2014 Coupe

I know from the forum that there were (sometimes severe) water leak problems in previous Mustangs - mostly on the front passenger side. I have not had this problem with other Mustangs but recently purchased a new 2014 GT Coupe.

I have noticed a small water leak (twice) after rains in the front passenger side area on the mat in front of the seat. I noticed it because I still have the white "courtesy" paper they put in the car over the front passenger floor mat when I picked it up. After a rain last night (I live in South Fla.) I noticed some water spots on the paper on the floor in front of the passenger seat.

Anyone having (or know of) similar water leaks in 2013-14 Coupes?

Would take it into the dealer if it continues but wondering if this is common and what the potential cause might be based on the description. I will try to replicate it using a hose. Thanks for any feedback or experience with this.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Genxer
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rogan01
I know from the forum that there were (sometimes severe) water leak problems in previous Mustangs - mostly on the front passenger side. I have not had this problem with other Mustangs but recently purchased a new 2014 GT Coupe.

I have noticed a small water leak (twice) after rains in the front passenger side area on the mat in front of the seat. I noticed it because I still have the white "courtesy" paper they put in the car over the front passenger floor mat when I picked it up. After a rain last night (I live in South Fla.) I noticed some water spots on the paper on the floor in front of the passenger seat.

Would take it into the dealer if it continues but wondering if this is common and what the potential cause might be based on the description. I will try to replicate it using a hose. Thanks for any feedback or experience with this.
Has it been wrecked?
Old 05-13-2014, 01:08 PM
edwin108
2nd Gear Member

Check the drains in the cowl area, they may be clogged. I would also remove the useless plugs on the door bottoms, they only trap water in the doors:

Last edited by edwin108; 05-13-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:00 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Thanks.

Car is brand new built 1/14.

I am aware of the leak issues with previous years and extensive posts about them - e.g., drain plugs, door plugs.

This seems to be a small leak over the passenger side footwell/mat area in front of the seat after hard rains - As I said - only noticed it because I have the white paper mat there from when I bought it new in March and it has only rained a few times since I got it.

Was wondering if anyone has experienced leaks in the 2013-14s. If I had to guess, it is coming from the top of the windshield over the passenger seat floor area - just a guess... The water drops are a bit brown colored on the white paper.

Thanks for any input or experience with this and how to proceed.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:10 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Is the headliner along the edge of the windshield wet?
Old 05-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Thanks.

Car is brand new built 1/14.

I am aware of the leak issues with previous years and extensive posts about them - e.g., drain plugs, door plugs.

This seems to be a small leak over the passenger side footwell/mat area in front of the seat after hard rains - As I said - only noticed it because I have the white paper mat there from when I bought it new in March and it has only rained a few times since I got it.

Was wondering if anyone has experienced leaks in the 2013-14s. If I had to guess, it is coming from the top of the windshield over the passenger seat floor area - just a guess... The water drops are a bit brown colored on the white paper.

Thanks for any input or experience with this and how to proceed.
Proceed directly to the dealership for a warranty repair.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:46 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Art161
Proceed directly to the dealership for a warranty repair.
This is of course the obvious and best action and what I will do. Just wondering if this was a common issue in the 2013-14s from current owners.

Potman - no, the headliner does not seem to be wet above the area. Not a big leak at this time but keeping an eye on it and the paper mat there so I can monitor it. Thanks

Last edited by rogan01; 05-13-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:37 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

could be something as simple as a grommet not completely seated in the firewall or behind the kickpanel. nevertheless, you have a warranty, use it
Old 03-30-2015, 09:29 AM
ncboy1982

My mom is going through the same thing and she took it to the dealership and they told her the frame was not attached properly on the right side from the factory and causing the water to come in. She is clearly not happy about this issue right now.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:56 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Have you addressed this with your dealer yet, rogan01? Also, will you please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this for you.

Originally Posted by ncboy1982
My mom is going through the same thing and she took it to the dealership and they told her the frame was not attached properly on the right side from the factory and causing the water to come in. She is clearly not happy about this issue right now.
Please PM me with your mom’s info (VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number), ncboy1982. I’d like to escalate this for her as well.

Deysha

Quick Reply: Water leak 2014 Coupe