Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dyno vs. Bama vs. Brenspeed..help.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:32 PM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Default Custom Dyno vs. Bama vs. Brenspeed..help.

Hey guys,
Let me start by saying that I am very disappointed in Bama and their tuning. When I installed my Boss IM, I had a new tune written for it, and all three tunes, the Race, the performance and the cam tune all suck. The car falls on its face, the throttle response is horrible...just all around bad. They had me data log it, I sent them in. Still didn't hear back from there for two weeks, so I call them and they tell me they didn't get the emails. So I resend two of them and it is now going on two weeks later and still haven't heard from them. So, the cliffsnotes version...the tune sucked 5 weeks ago...and still sucks now.

So, my question is. Is a custom dyno tune really worth paying the extra cost for to get a couple extra ponies out of it? I loved Brenspeed when I had them before, but went with Bama because of the tunes for life and I was paranoid about the #8 cylinder blowing.

What do you guys think? My mods are in my sig.

Thanks, Matt
Old 05-16-2014, 11:17 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Well not sure y they aren't getting your emails. Talk to the rep on this site

Save your money on the Dyno tune. You don't need it. Plus the new motors have been out long enough there aren't the failures anymore

Last edited by outceltj; 05-16-2014 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:20 PM
tbar
2nd Gear Member

Dyno tune is always going to be better. With your mods you should be fine with an email tune. Never used a Bama tune. I use Brenspeed & JDM email tunes & haven't had an issue with either.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:45 AM
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

I'd go Brenspeed! Had mine for 4 years and a few changes with mods over the years, good every time
Old 05-17-2014, 06:18 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tbar
Dyno tune is always going to be better.
Wrong. Data logging while driving on the street is the best way to tune.

Matt,

The warranty on the #8 cylinder as well as the tunes for life are just marketing gimmicks that to many people fall for. The good tuners have had no failures thus not needing a warranty. And they all give free revisions/updates.

I promise you if you go with a different tuner you will have no more troubles. AED, Lund, and Rev Auto are at the top of the list. If you have an auto then Mike Roush is excellent.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:00 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

My new tunes from Bama do the same things Matt, car falls on its face now. No acceleration, no low end power, horrible throttle response. Once I get my BBK TB I was looking to go with Lund tuning. They have great feedback and right now have the fastest NA 3.7. I know you are a 5.0 but they might be worth looking into.

Matthew
Old 05-17-2014, 08:42 AM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

I will throw out a plug for VMP tuning. Justin really spent the time to get mine dialed in after my supercharger install. He knew exactly what I needed every step of the way.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:16 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

I also had a VMP tune at first and it ran strong and perfect. No issues.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:22 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

How far is brenspeed from you? Just drive it over there and get it dyno tuned. there is more benefit to a dyno tune than just the extra power.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:31 PM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Moose,
Im only about 4 hours. They dynotuned my 2005 when I had my S/C installed. I emailed them yesterday, got a response to see how far out I would l need to schedule. Awaiting a response for that.

I am assuming that I am looking about $500-$600 for that to happen.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Dyno vs. Bama vs. Brenspeed..help.