Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-25-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
POCOPOWER

Vehicle: 2007 FORD MUSTANG GT
Default Need help finding a orignal owner of a 07 gt from massachusetts

Hello,guys. Come across a deal and had to buy it. Always wanted a mustang,but money and timing was never right. Last week i bought a 2007 mustang gt,5 speed dark grey and im trying to find the owner of it. Due to private policy laws and such i did a car fax but cant find the owner. Here is what i can tell you about it. The car is dark grey,2007, has scoop on hood,flat black stripes on hood only,18 inch wheels, red leather interior,short throw shifter,rear lower bars and relocaters,cold air intake,car also has cams,and has had a rear end gear change. Now here is what im trying to find out. Like to find the owner,so i could ask him about the tune,tuner,cams and what else has been done. Car runs good and such, but has all stock exhaust on it. I know its a shot in the dark but figured maby a member would know it or the person was on here. Car was registered last in Tewksbury,massachusetts then traded in at Pride chevrolet in lynn,MA. Any help on this is welcomed. Just would like to know what was done to it and such before i do some more mods on it.
DSCF7092.jpg

DSCF7093.jpg
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
POCOPOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:44 PM   #2
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Well I can tell you mod wise you will know what has been done by the obvious stuff as noted. If it has aftermarket cams you can pull a valve cover and check the numbers engraved on the end of the cams.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:37 AM   #3
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: Ford Ranger Roush Replica

Did you ask the dealer, if they could call the last owner, and give him your number, and see if he would call you, the would violate no privacy laws I can think of.
AK_Kayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #4
POCOPOWER

Asked the dealer and it was bought at a auto auction up north. But the car fax has the pride dealer listed on it where it was traded in and they took it to the auction. Called the pride dealer and they wouldnt tell me nothing. Even told them to give the original owner my number to call me and they wouldnt do that. The guy remembered the car at the dealer,and understood what i needed but still wouldnt do it. One of the reasons i was trying to find the owner is it failed emissions test around 10 times and i just wonder if it had a full exhaust on it when they did the cam swap and had to put stock exhaust back on it for it to pass. Just wonder if it was tuned for stock or aftermarket. I know i can pull the cover to get the numbers and such,but also want to know what clutch and other stuff was in it.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:32 PM   #5
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 mustang gt

can you not use the vehicle title to search the county records? If you know what county it was registered in, then you should be able to look it up on their website. i'm not sure if you can search for just a title though.

Scratch that! I just googled it and it ain't happening. Why does it fail emissions? it could have a code stored that causes it to fail, but doesn't trip the check engine light.

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict

Last edited by moosestang; 05-26-2014 at 12:43 PM.
moosestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #6
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009, Ford, Mustang

They should be able to tell you exactly why it failed. If it's because the O2 sensors are "not ready" then it's most likely has a tune that turns them off.

14" Front/Rear Brakes, Koni STR.T, Eibach Sportline Springs, Steeda HD C/C mounts, Fays2 Watt's Link, UMI 1049 Front-end Links, Steeda Billet LCA-roto/urethane, BMR LCA Reloc. Brackets, Steeda Adj. UCA, Steeda 3rd-link rotobush, SS Brake lines/DOT4, synthetic fluid swap, Stack Racing front strut brace, Roush CAI, Brenspeed 93oct tune street/track, Steeda Ultra-lite 18x9.5, Hawk HPS brake pads, A49 brake ducting
gmoran1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #7
POCOPOWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoran1469 View Post
They should be able to tell you exactly why it failed. If it's because the O2 sensors are "not ready" then it's most likely has a tune that turns them off.
Sorry mis lead on that. It failed with the previous owner,and was tested many times on the car fax till it passed. My state don't have any emissions. So we can go wide open on mods.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:01 PM   #8
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by POCOPOWER View Post
Sorry mis lead on that. It failed with the previous owner,and was tested many times on the car fax till it passed. My state don't have any emissions. So we can go wide open on mods.
It probably just had the p1000 code stored in the computer, you have to drive the car to get rid of that and I'm sure they weren't doing that at the dealer. it's a generic code that is set whenever you reload the tune or scan for codes.

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict
moosestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #9
cruisin5268d
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT Premium

Imagine if everyone that bought a used mustang tried to track down the previous owner
cruisin5268d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:56 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement