Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-30-2014, 02:17 PM   #1
adrianp
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 Mustang GT
Question Window question

Anyone here ever experienced one window not going down all the way? My passenger window sticks up a bit as compared to the driver side. At the dealer we compared with another Mustang and it was doing the same thing. They sent out a request to Ford to see if there's an issue and what's required to correct it, so just waiting on a response.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
adrianp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:34 PM   #2
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 GT Vert, 02 GT Vert

Owners manual has a reset/reprogram procedure in it.....at least all the ones I have seen do....first thing to do.

Something about door closed, run window up holding the switch in the up position for 3-5 sec, then down the same way. That is what I remember....

Then, if not correct, pull the panel and make sure the window tracks are secured properly. I have seen several since 05 with loose bolts here. While there, look for the stop for the window down trip and look at the adjustment.

Of course, it should be under warranty so I would be talking with Ford for repair.
I wake up in the morning with nothing to do and by supper time, I have half of it done.

2008 GT Vert, stock
2000 Lightning, s/c, tuned, Basanni, built tranny
Previous Mustangs:4 - '66 Coupes(silver/blue/grey/red) '87 GT HO, '00/'02/'07 GT Vert(red)(grey)(black), '68 Coupe, '11 GT/CS
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:40 AM   #3
mas081860

Vehicle: 1988 Ford Mustang

Remove door panel and carefully check regulator for wear, clean window channels with air and spray WD-40 in channels to lube them just not over do it to keep everything clean.
mas081860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:31 AM   #4
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 GT Legend Lime and 1967 CP

Don't take the door panel off.. What AZpete said. Roll the window all the way down and hold for 3 seconds, then up and hold for 3 seconds... It will reset the window for that door if not both, this happened to me randomly after disconnecting my battery with the window half way down. It's no biggie.

If nothing after that you can tear the door apart.

Last edited by drewsky; 05-31-2014 at 03:34 AM.
drewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:43 PM   #5
acquah20
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT Premium

Since you mentioned it. I looked just earlier when i had my windows both down. My driver side sits a little higher when all the way down then the passenger side. Passenger side is completely down as the drivers side you can see the top of the window a tad bit. Doesn't bother me enough to persuade it and both windows close fine so i'd let it be.
acquah20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #6
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Vehicle: Mustangs
facebook.com/FordMustang @FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianp View Post
Anyone here ever experienced one window not going down all the way? My passenger window sticks up a bit as compared to the driver side. At the dealer we compared with another Mustang and it was doing the same thing. They sent out a request to Ford to see if there's an issue and what's required to correct it, so just waiting on a response.
Hi adrianp,

Was this taken care of for you? If not, let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #7
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Yeah, that paper and cardboard thing in the glove box can be a wealth of information.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:45 PM   #8
Art161
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Yeah, that paper and cardboard thing in the glove box can be a wealth of information.
I heard a rumor that it could catch on fire if exposed to the sun, although maybe that's just an urban legend.
Rear Spoiler Delete
Interior Sport Appearance Package
MGW EJECT Power Point Plug

The more you know, the less you don't know.
Art161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:45 AM   #9
adrianp
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Except I've got new information. Guess what? It doesn't always do it. Right now they both go down as I expect them to and I haven't done a thing to reset them. Sometimes it even goes lower. It seems to be some quirkiness with the window auto down. Some info I've gathered is that it's not supposed to go all the way down on purpose. Something about doing that that's supposed to extend the life of the window regulator. I'll be keeping an eye on it and I'll try to get some pictures up.
adrianp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #10
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

In that case, bite your lip and take it to the dealer for warranty repair.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:16 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement