Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remaining 2014 pricing....

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 09:49 AM
Criticalmass

Originally Posted by SirDrums
Hey guys, Don't kill me, but I am not hot on the new 2015's. They just do not do it for me.... I have tried and tried to like them....

anyway...

What kind of deals are you guys getting on the remaining 14's?

I see one being delivered to my local dealership that I really like and the MSRP on it is 38k. The dealer told my wife (who stopped in to ask him about it while I was at work) the price would be 36 out the door....

That seems way high to me for a car that is on its way to being replaced and is probally going to get hit extra hard by depreciation...

I was hoping to get it around 30... I may be unrealistic on my end as well so...

what are you guys paying for them right now?

oh, the car is a DIB GT Premuim 401a with an auto tranny and 19" machined alluminum wheels..
MSRP was 42k. Mustang GT Premium with Brembo brake package, comfort package, bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now. Automatic.

4k in incentives, 4,500.00 for my paid off trade-in 2009 Focus (it had been in an accident the first year I owned it. other dude failed to yield, was ticketed, and pled guilty. If it hadn't been raining, I would have been able to stop in time). Then I paid for the Extended Warranty and Road Hazard (because yes, I've bent a rim before on potholes).

36k OTD with Taxes / Title Transfer. Paid in cash. They threw in All Weather Floor Mats and a couple other things as well. Took me 20 minutes to sign the paperwork.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:52 AM
Criticalmass

And just to add. I think the 2014's look a lot better than the 15's, and will become more desirable as time goes by. The 2015's look too much like the rest of Ford's newer cars in the front, and I'm not that fond of the back end either. The 14's still embody a lot of the original Mustang's looks and appeal IMO. So I went with the 14. Could have gotten a 15, but, no.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Criticalmass

Thanks for the replies.

I am not sure what I am going to do. I am really particular about the car I want so if this doesn't work out I'll probally wait and see what kind of refresh they do in a few years.

What has got me tempted is that the 401A interiors are pretty rare. My old '10 stang (see pic) had the same exact interioir and I absolutley loved it but when looking around lately all I see is hundreds of 300a's and 400a's.

Concerning pricing, I know I have some leverage bc I have seen the same 4 'stangs sitting on their lot for a couple of months, one of them is a nice convertable GT/CS that I know has been there at least 3 months. I am hoping that they really want to sell one even if it is one that they literally just got off the truck.

So was I (particular) I dealt with the Internet Sales guy at Fairway Ford. Nice as could be. He found my car at a dealership 300 miles away. I had to give a bit on color (got Sterling Gray, which as it turns out is pretty nice) and Charcoal Leather (wanted Saddle). But these are small things. The no gives were the equipment, including the Shaker Pro system, and NO navi (because they still suck). Besides, with Google Maps and Sync Destinations, damn car has Navi anyway. lol.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:29 AM
SirDrums
2nd Gear Member

Just a quick Update. Up until yesterday the car still hasn't arrived at the dealer. Funny thing is I was driving down the road the dealership is on and was stopped at a red light and the darn truck carrying the car pulls up right beside me. There it was the stang sitting by itself right at the back of the truck... almost followed it into the dealer but had to go to the house.

I plan on going to look at it tomorrow. Also got a text from another ford dealer here that has almost the same exact car minus the interior and he quoted me 32k without even haggling. I hope I can use thtat as a bargaining chip.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:22 PM
adrianp
1st Gear Member

My '14 GT Auto with 401A, Comfort Pkg, 18" polished alum wheels, and backup cam came out to 34938 OTD back in February. If you can get it with the 401A, the interior really is nice. 32000 sounds pretty close to what mine was before taxes and tag considering mine has maybe like $500 more in options. You might be able to get another $500 or so knocked off. Post a break down of what they are charging you for the car, taxes, tag, fees and what the OTD price is.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:20 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by smoke14me
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...led-75629.html

The 2014 Mustang is not in current production, it was scheduled to stop production on June 20th. There is fire sale pricing where I live at in DFW right now. I am looking at a 2014 California Special Automatic with 7,600 in Rebates. So don't call the OP foolish without doing some research first.
Does "I was at Flat Rock Assembly a couple of weeks ago and saw 2014s going down the line" count as research?

that article you link was from January.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:22 AM
CoolStuffForDummies

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
I'd drive it first and see if it has the more preferable gears. Last year I had a '13 v6 auto convertible for a day while my GT was in the shop and that car felt like a COMPLETE dog. i was told it was the gearing that made it feel so slow. the 30mpg was sweet though.
Yeah I thought the same thing. Had an issue with my 2012 5.0 misfiring before I traded it in on my '13 5.0 and they gave me a v6 automatic for a few days. The slushbox matched with what is it, 2.73's or 3.15's? Really drags that car down.

The kid who does the inspections at my dealership told me the V6 MT's bark 1st 2nd and 3rd gear though. Lol. Big difference just by getting the standard instead of the auto. If you think about it, the 5.0's put down 370 through the standard and like 340 through the auto, so the v6 with an auto behind it is really suffering since it's already more of a mid-range/topv end motor, not exactly spectacular low end torque numbers.

I've seen videos of guys hitting 300 rwhp with a bolt-on/tune 2011+ v6 MT actually, that's a 370z killer right there. Arguably one of the best platforms for a serious sports car these days, especially since they get 31 mpg and 305 hp at that price, bone-stock. Most cars in that power range are 30k+ like the evos & subies & z's.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:57 AM
SirDrums
2nd Gear Member

Ok actually went to the dealer and test drove the car yesterday. Very nice as expected.

Here is what they offered me:

2014 Deep Impact Blue Mustang GT Premium

Auto
401A Interior
19" Polished Aluminum wheels

MSRP 38,770

They took around 2000 off the price before rebates

Then 4,000 in rebates

OTD price $ 33,396

Seems pretty Good... but I still have to decide if I really want that second car payment..LOL.. if it was any other car..even another mustang.. I wouldn't even consider it.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:21 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Ok actually went to the dealer and test drove the car yesterday. Very nice as expected.

Auto
401A Interior

MSRP 38,770

Then 4,000 in rebates

OTD price $ 33,396

Seems pretty Good... but I still have to decide if I really want that second car payment..LOL.. if it was any other car..even another mustang.. I wouldn't even consider it.
Yuck to the auto!

Here's the thing about pricing - someone else will always have been able to work out a better deal. What matters is if you are happy with the price and can live with it. It seems like you are content with the price, in this case.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:51 AM
adrianp
1st Gear Member

Auto
401A Interior

MSRP 38,770

Then 4,000 in rebates

OTD price $ 33,396

I know AL has a pretty low sales tax on cars, so I'm assuming pre-tax and tag is about $32400 ? You might be able to squeeze another $500-$1000 or so from them.

Quick Reply: Remaining 2014 pricing....