Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New MMD Ducktail Installed (05-09) w/Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 02:18 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Looks sweet, probably my next mod on my 14, but Ill have to drill the holes, shouldnt be that bad
Old 01-31-2015, 03:42 PM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

I put this spoiler on my car Feb. of 2014. I have to take it off and redo the 3M tape (or whatever it came with) because it's lifting on the ends.

I'm not sure what caused it to lift but the decklid was actually polished and wiped down with wax and grease remover, then prepped with the included wipes. Maybe the tape that it came with gave, I don't know but I'm taking it off and replacing the tape with some of the heavy duty 3M tape.

Other than that, I totally dig this spoiler!
Old 02-03-2015, 09:23 AM
raffachi

It's what wheels? what size tires?
Old 02-03-2015, 11:26 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Edmund K
Just came across this thread, as I have been searching for some good pictures of the MMD spoiler on a black Stang, and well, your pictures are Awesome! Many thanks for sharing!
And, if I might add, the blackout panel on the rear is a great touch!
I have an 05 black w/ red interior convertible, and will be adding both mods to my ride based on the fantastic results you've displayed. Happy motoring!
Hey Edmund,

I can't stop checking OP's car out, it looks great!

You will love the MMD Ducktail Spoiler.

It is a great mod that is easy to install and literally transforms the rear end of your s197.

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Will
Old 02-03-2015, 11:32 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Choppertwo
Looks sweet, probably my next mod on my 14, but Ill have to drill the holes, shouldnt be that bad
Hey Chopper,

The spoiler will look great on your 2014 and the installation is not extremely difficult even when you do have to drill the holes due to your car not coming with a factory with a spoiler.

If you have any questions about the product or installation feel free to reach out and make sure you post some pictures once you get it installed!

Originally Posted by waykooljr
I put this spoiler on my car Feb. of 2014. I have to take it off and redo the 3M tape (or whatever it came with) because it's lifting on the ends.

I'm not sure what caused it to lift but the decklid was actually polished and wiped down with wax and grease remover, then prepped with the included wipes. Maybe the tape that it came with gave, I don't know but I'm taking it off and replacing the tape with some of the heavy duty 3M tape.

Other than that, I totally dig this spoiler!
Hey Way,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the tape sticking!

Is it possible that some of the cleaning products used didn't allow the tape to adhere properly? Do you remember if you used the adhesive promoter or not?

Regardless, feel free to shoot me a PM with your order # and I can get a new installation kit on the way to you at no cost!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will
Old 02-03-2015, 01:29 PM
raffachi

Default wheels

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
Just wanted to share my thoughts and a few quick pictures on this new spoiler.

First impressions are wow.. this looks better than I thought. I haven't seen any pictures that can really represent this piece. I love the design of it. It's kind of like the GT500, except this has a more flowing design which updates the look of the car a lot IMO. Looks like something designed for the 13-14, but it flows perfectly with the body lines. It's a sexy wing for sure.

I just bolted it in real quick.. haven't mounted it with the 3m tape yet.

The fit and finish is excellent. This thing fits way better than my replica GT500 did (ends don't pop up). Paint quality/orange peel level looks similar to factory. Perfect color match.

I would highly recommend this piece. I took a few quick driveway pics of it since most of the customer photos on AM suck.

Let me know your thoughts.
Great wheels! Which companies are the wheels and what size? What size tires?
Old 02-03-2015, 02:08 PM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMWill
Hey Way,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the tape sticking!

Is it possible that some of the cleaning products used didn't allow the tape to adhere properly? Do you remember if you used the adhesive promoter or not?

Regardless, feel free to shoot me a PM with your order # and I can get a new installation kit on the way to you at no cost!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will
Thanks for the response and just to be clear, my post wasn't meant as a complaint. Like I said, I don't know why it would have lifted, I'm very meticulous when it comes to this stuff.

I had removed a Roush spoiler which left a lot of the old tape that I used Goo Gone to get off. Once I had the tape removed, I wiped the deck lid down with Duplicolor wax and grease remover, then polished the deck lid with a Porter Cable polisher using a couple grades of Sonus polish to remove some water spots and blemishes. I don't recall but I may have put a coat of wax on it since I ran it without a wing while I decided what I was going to do.

When I installed the MMD Ducktail, I used the provided wipes to prep the surface and the wing stuck good. It wasn't until recently that I noticed it lifting, so I don't know if the temperature caused it or what but I'm willing to pull it off and redo the install cause I like this wing a lot!

I'm thinking since I don't drive it daily, when I reinstall it, I'm going to put some weight on the ends for a few days to help it set better.

Thanks again! That's some awesome customer service!, PM sent!
Old 02-03-2015, 02:20 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Such a sick looking ride. Talk about immaculate, you've done an awesome job!
Old 02-03-2015, 03:49 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by waykooljr
Thanks for the response and just to be clear, my post wasn't meant as a complaint. Like I said, I don't know why it would have lifted, I'm very meticulous when it comes to this stuff.

I had removed a Roush spoiler which left a lot of the old tape that I used Goo Gone to get off. Once I had the tape removed, I wiped the deck lid down with Duplicolor wax and grease remover, then polished the deck lid with a Porter Cable polisher using a couple grades of Sonus polish to remove some water spots and blemishes. I don't recall but I may have put a coat of wax on it since I ran it without a wing while I decided what I was going to do.

When I installed the MMD Ducktail, I used the provided wipes to prep the surface and the wing stuck good. It wasn't until recently that I noticed it lifting, so I don't know if the temperature caused it or what but I'm willing to pull it off and redo the install cause I like this wing a lot!

I'm thinking since I don't drive it daily, when I reinstall it, I'm going to put some weight on the ends for a few days to help it set better.

Thanks again! That's some awesome customer service!, PM sent!
No problem what-so-ever Way,

That's what I'm here for!

I did get your PM and will be replying shortly.

If anyone else needs anything, feel free to shout!

-Will
Old 02-03-2015, 06:45 PM
cleangraystang
1st Gear Member

Your car looks GREAT.. I was about to order a Roush Spoiler but the MMD looks really good.. Man your car looks really good Keep doing what you are doing...

Quick Reply: New MMD Ducktail Installed (05-09) w/Pics