Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-01-2014, 10:15 PM   #1
Christian07

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang V6
Default Irritating squeal

I'm sure this is a simple problem but I can't seem to find the solution.
I'm hearing a real annoying squeal. It's not as loud as a bad belt but it's real annoying. A real light squeak/squeal. Kind of like a bird chirping. The noise appears randomly but never when I'm at a stop. However, it appears when I am accelerating. It happens more often when I let go of the gas and shift to neutral. But when I start to break it goes away. I thought it was the pulley from the alternator so I got it rebuilt and the sound was still there. I even replaced the idle pulley (even though I already knew t wouldn't be it, I gave it a shot) Help!!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Christian07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:13 PM   #2
Art161
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

Worn brake pads?
Rear Spoiler Delete
Interior Sport Appearance Package
MGW EJECT Power Point Plug

The more you know, the less you don't know.
Art161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:36 AM   #3
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 GT500 07 GT vert

Could be brake caliper sticking a tiny bit, warped rotor, body flex making seals squeak, bushings on control arms... is it worse on bumpier roads, does it go away at different speeds, is it a regular pulsing noise? I'd guess that it's pad/rotor or bushing on a control arm. Given that there's zero sound when you're at a stop, it's very unlikely in the mechanicals to me.

wcgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:14 AM   #4
AMAlexLazarus
Platinum Sponsor

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt
http://www.facebook.com/americanmuscle http://www.twitter.com/americanmuscle http://www.instagram.com/americanmusclecom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian07 View Post
I'm sure this is a simple problem but I can't seem to find the solution.
I'm hearing a real annoying squeal. It's not as loud as a bad belt but it's real annoying. A real light squeak/squeal. Kind of like a bird chirping. The noise appears randomly but never when I'm at a stop. However, it appears when I am accelerating. It happens more often when I let go of the gas and shift to neutral. But when I start to break it goes away. I thought it was the pulley from the alternator so I got it rebuilt and the sound was still there. I even replaced the idle pulley (even though I already knew t wouldn't be it, I gave it a shot) Help!!
Christian07

Any way you can get a video of this if possible so we can get a better idea? It can be difficult to isolate something like this without seeing/hearing the car in person but I'm sure we could help!!

Alex
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:18 PM   #5
Christian07

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcgman View Post
Could be brake caliper sticking a tiny bit, warped rotor, body flex making seals squeak, bushings on control arms... is it worse on bumpier roads, does it go away at different speeds, is it a regular pulsing noise? I'd guess that it's pad/rotor or bushing on a control arm. Given that there's zero sound when you're at a stop, it's very unlikely in the mechanicals to me.
You may be right. I messed around with it today and noticed when I ride on the break very lightly, it begins to squeal. It also squeals on rough rodes. I'll take a better look into it this weekend. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:19 PM   #6
Christian07

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Christian07

Any way you can get a video of this if possible so we can get a better idea? It can be difficult to isolate something like this without seeing/hearing the car in person but I'm sure we could help!!

Alex
I tried posting a video but the sound of the air blocks out the squeal since it only happens when I'm in motion.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:36 AM   #7
AMAlexLazarus
Platinum Sponsor

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt
http://www.facebook.com/americanmuscle http://www.twitter.com/americanmuscle http://www.instagram.com/americanmusclecom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian07 View Post
I tried posting a video but the sound of the air blocks out the squeal since it only happens when I'm in motion.
Got it! As much as I hate to say it I might recommend getting a couple different opinions if you're able to do so. It could be something really small! Take a look locally if you can to get another set of ears on it!

Alex
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:38 PM   #8
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

If the noise goes away when your breaking it sounds like brake pads are worn out! the pads have a little piece of metal on them when the pad wears this makes contact with the rotor
Old 07-05-2014, 12:18 PM   #9
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Turbo V6; 2005 V6->V8 swap beast

Most likely is a brake issue, usually due to worn pads. A visual inspection and you can tell right away.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:18 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement