Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-06-2014, 07:49 AM   #1
RenGen
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: Mustaaaaaaaang sally now baby - oh lord
Default would a bama tune + CAI improve longevity of the car?

seems like some people (AM employees and my performance addict friends) tell me getting a cai+bama tune is good for the stang and can make your engine and transmission last way longer - where as others tell me that cai is more flowing but doesn't filter as well as a stock paper filter and in turn lets more debris and etc into your engine decreasing it's lifespan - whats the truth?

I plan to keep this stang mint for the rest of my life, it only has like 20k miles so I'm trying to take the best care of it, however I would like a bit more power :3
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
RenGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:57 AM   #2
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 05 DodgeRam 2500 CUMMINS
christob90

it could go either way, depending on how you treat it. My 05 V6 had the bama tune and C&L intake on it for 50k miles with no issues.
as far as filters go, you can get dry filters or oiled filters. I usually tend to stay away from the oiled filters. I've seen so many cases where people over oil the filter and it ends up ruining the Mass Air Flow Sensor, they are a few hundred dollars but its an easy fix. I have a 2014 5.0 now and i intalled my Airraid intake and Bama tune with 500 miles on the odo. i now have almost 8,000 miles and have seen no issues yet.

It depends how you treat the car also. If your constantly mashing the throttle, popping the clutch, doing burnouts, the car is going to wear much faster. All of that is much easier to do with a tune because the power is right there. but if you continue normal driving, routine service you've got nothing to worry about plus, the AM and BAMA team are awesome with customer service so if there are any issues, they will do everything to help! Good luck
Airraid+Bama 91

05 white Mustang 4.0 sold
05 white Dodge 2500 Cummins sold and missed
FOR SALE Whiteline Upper control arm http://mustangforums.com/forum/parts...m-05-14-a.html
Lethaldosage423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Will it make the car last longer? Why would it? You are changing many stock parameters to usually make the car more aggressive. If you want to keep it "mint" then keep it stock. Pay to play. May not hurt but will not make it "last longer" Rest of your life...? How old are you?

Last edited by rogan01; 07-06-2014 at 12:41 PM.
rogan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #4
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Shelby GT500

I can't see how it would make it last longer! If you're reasonable with maintenance and driving it I don't think it will hurt either! 1st thing I did to mine was JLT intake and Bama tune! I run the race tune all the time!

MarkMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #5
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: Guess

I've had my bamachips tune and intake since 08 and beat on it all the time with no mechanical issues. Over 90k miles now.

Mod it... if the 3v goes put in a 5.0 coyote. If the trans goes put in a T56.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:58 AM   #6
jz78817
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT

Nope.
jz78817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:59 PM   #7
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Don't beat on it which is common sense but a CAI & tune won't increase the longevity. If you intend to keep it for life, begin walking or bike riding.

Some CAI's may filter better than others but most of the name brands filter as well as the OE filter.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:59 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement