Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not happy with my car right now

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

You can't expect Ford to deal with your aftermarket radio.

I'm leery that the AC issue is PCM-related. SJB, perhaps, but PCM? Even shooting the contacts on the compressor electrical connectors has been known to solve issues like yours.

As far as the fuel filling issue, welcome to the crowd. There's a TSB on it and even THAT "fix" is known to NOT solve the issue.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:02 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Seems like an awful lot of crying and attention seeking.

How is YOUR aftermarket radio Ford's problem? Even a high end aftermarket radio has failures, let alone cheap eBay specials..

For the other issues - stuff happens. That's why this world is covered with tens of thousands of auto repair shops. Things break - and you're no more special than anyone else.

As others have said, those aren't major issues. A bit of research goes a long ways. If you are being charged more than a fair amount from labor, bust out your tools and spend some time with your car.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:04 PM
BlackShelbyGt500
2nd Gear Member

sorry to hear about all these problem, i'm starting to worry about mine since its 1 year older than yours.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:35 PM
tw1234
1st Gear Member

Reading through some of your other post it seems most troubles have started after the Roush SC install. You had a code p1289 indicating CHT sensor open condition. Has the CHT sensor, connection and harness been checked for opens, shorts, disconnected or being broken during install? Your coolant gauge will probably function normally after this CHT problem is repaired.

When you installed the SC did you solder and heat-shrink all your wiring modifications or just use open crimps. Any wiring repairs in an engine compartment or outside weather conditions need to be heat-shrink covered to prevent corrosion and voltage loss in the wiring.

The following fuses should be checked for your A/C clutch issue. Pass Compartment Fuse Panel: Fuse #14-5amp. Power Distribution Box: Fuse #47-15amp (Eng.#1) and Fuse #49-15amp (A/C Clutch). Also check Micro Relay #24 A/C Clutch as well as the A/C Clutch Diode in the same box.

You may want to remove or check the EVAP system under the car for dirt in filter areas, pinched hoses or lines and broken pieces if you've backed into anything. I remember reading of a fellow who cured his slow fill on an 05-06 by cleaning a vent filter on the evap unit.

Did you repair catalyst efficiency code? If not and your check engine light is On all the time how will you know if engine problems are arising?

Good Luck.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:34 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tw1234
Reading through some of your other post it seems most troubles have started after the Roush SC install. You had a code p1289 indicating CHT sensor open condition. Has the CHT sensor, connection and harness been checked for opens, shorts, disconnected or being broken during install? Your coolant gauge will probably function normally after this CHT problem is repaired.

When you installed the SC did you solder and heat-shrink all your wiring modifications or just use open crimps. Any wiring repairs in an engine compartment or outside weather conditions need to be heat-shrink covered to prevent corrosion and voltage loss in the wiring.

The following fuses should be checked for your A/C clutch issue. Pass Compartment Fuse Panel: Fuse #14-5amp. Power Distribution Box: Fuse #47-15amp (Eng.#1) and Fuse #49-15amp (A/C Clutch). Also check Micro Relay #24 A/C Clutch as well as the A/C Clutch Diode in the same box.

You may want to remove or check the EVAP system under the car for dirt in filter areas, pinched hoses or lines and broken pieces if you've backed into anything. I remember reading of a fellow who cured his slow fill on an 05-06 by cleaning a vent filter on the evap unit.

Did you repair catalyst efficiency code? If not and your check engine light is On all the time how will you know if engine problems are arising?

Good Luck.
I soldered and heat shrunk the wires. I know I most likely did something during the install, but the issue is I can't find it and now 3 shops, including a dealership can't either. The only thing I can think of doing is going back to stock maybe, but I don't want to waste all the time and effort putting that back on.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:48 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
You can't expect Ford to deal with your aftermarket radio.

I'm leery that the AC issue is PCM-related. SJB, perhaps, but PCM? Even shooting the contacts on the compressor electrical connectors has been known to solve issues like yours.

As far as the fuel filling issue, welcome to the crowd. There's a TSB on it and even THAT "fix" is known to NOT solve the issue.
I understand that they won't work on aftermarket radios, but its not the radio thats the issue, there is something else with the electrical system going on.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:38 PM
tw1234
1st Gear Member

I applaud you for trying a S/C install. It's not the kind most backyard mechanics would try. It's going to be a matter of rereading the install instructions and verifying your install. You're also going to have to locate that sensor and see if it's connected or damaged. Try using a mirror. It's a shame to have done all that work and then just convert back to stock. Good Luck.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...ectedIndex=116
Old 07-14-2014, 11:14 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by yourmyboybh1026
So, I've been having a lot of problems with my car recently, AC won't work, radio goes in and out, temp gauge doesn't work, and I can't fill the car up because it just spits the gas back at me. I took the car to a dealership to have them look at it and this is what I'm told:

They can't fix the radio because its aftermarket and they don't know what was done to it (the radio worked for 3 years prior to this), the AC has no leaks or anything like that but the compressor isn't being told to turn on, so the PCM is faulty, and that the EVAP device by the gas tank is broke so I have to replace it. That will cost $800. How does that just all of a sudden decide to not work?

Sigh, I think I'm going to end up selling this hunk of crap unless I can find some way to fix these issues. Any ideas?
I understand this is frustrating right now, yourmyboybh1026. Please remember, most repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. Speak to your service manager about this for more info.

Originally Posted by P51V6
Sadly I've been having a lot of little problems like this and mine is a 13 with 12k miles. I love my car but there's no way i'm keeping it when the warranty runs out. I hope you figure things out.
Welcome to the forum, P51V6! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Let me get these concerns escalated for you. PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, best daytime number, and a brief description of the concerns you’re experiencing.

Deysha
Old 07-14-2014, 12:34 PM
jhawkr
2nd Gear Member

When you start modifying a car, stuff can happen. It just goes with the territory. That's why mine is stock except for appearance items. I plan on taking my 2014 GT into retirement as my LAST car.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:53 PM
RetiredSFC 97
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jhawkr
When you start modifying a car, stuff can happen. It just goes with the territory. That's why mine is stock except for appearance items. I plan on taking my 2014 GT into retirement as my LAST car.
Yep, I have found most, not all, crap happens after someone starts modding their car. And I too am taking my 13 into retirement. It's a V6 so I may buy a GT or some other version of a performance Mustang when I do retire. But that's if I decide to sell my vette.

I wish I could help the OP but I cannot.