Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

talk about lucky

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 09:58 PM
winkawak
2nd Gear Member

Default talk about lucky

On my way back from airport today, driving in the left lane and all of sudden heard loud a bang and crunching noise. I looked over to the right lane saw some kind of large pile of what looks like multiple metal frame glass or plastic window of some sort laying in the lane. Unfortunately that driver was not able to dodge it, ran over it causing multiple pieces flying all direction. Multiple cars around him got strucked by the debris. Even though I was all the way on the left lane and unfortunately and some what perfect timing i guess, had a big piece of metal frame came flying at me.

It struck my front bumper made a big bang and as the piece went under my car it made loud crackling noises sounded like i was driving on glass. I was super pissed, noise from the impact sounded really bad and i was thinking front bumper,underbody and tire are toasted. Surprisingly no car pulled over at the time, not even the driver who drove over the large pile which also caused his car to hop off the ground and got some air time. One of the car pulled over a mile later and probably got pretty beat up from the debris. When i finally got off the highway, i carefully checked everywhere and the only damage i managed to see was a chip in the honey comb grill and a small gouge in the lower part of the bumper. I double checked the underbody on ramp when i got home, i got pretty lucky in a way today.

Before exiting the highway lol i was thinking the money i have to throw away to fix this unfortunate event when i could use it for mods.

Same day, while i was coming out a parking lot this truck almost backed in to me, he was literally couple inches away from scraping up right side of my car. Now come to think of it, while he was backing up quickly his lights were not even illuminated. I see this almost everyday, do people really drive with they eyes closed?

lol at the same parking lot i also saw a c7 blacked out like mine.

Last edited by winkawak; 04-08-2015 at 10:12 PM.