Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 GT with worn out clutch? Dealership taking advantage

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 11:01 AM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

I also cross-posted on AllFordMustangs.com and it's getting more input/traction from folks.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...advantage.html

It's refreshing to know I'm not alone in issues.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:55 PM
CoolStuffForDummies

This sucks, sorry for your troubles. The guy running the maintenance department at my dealership is a total jerkoff so I feel your pain. Gave me nothing but attitude every time I had an issue with my previous 5.0. It was a 2012 GT premium, car must've been rushed off the assembly line right as everyone was getting off work that day or whatever, because they forgot a rubber seal in one of the tail lights or something and it would vibrate the entire rear window above 100 mph, (it was ridiculously loud) it had a misfire before 2k miles which turned out to be a spark plug with a heat crack? And it took the guy two weeks and several trips back to the dealership for him to correctly troubleshoot the issue, even though I suggested that it felt like a misfire to begin with, lol. And then he whined about me going "94 mph" when he checked the computer, as if the car isn't a 400+ hp muscle car engineered to launch on the rev limiter on slicks and go 150+ mph on the stock driveline. Some people.....

Anyway, I got 22k on my 2013 so far and I slam gears every time I drive it. I know your issue doesn't seem to be your actual friction material, but rather one or more of the clutch assembly parts, but still, it makes me wonder how long my clutch will last before it starts slipping. I'm thinking 50k tops, the way I drive.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:16 PM
steveo555
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Koon's Ford in Silver Spring, MD
Their sales departments at all of their locations are horrible especially the Silver Spring and Falls Church. When my car was under warranty I had lots of luck with Sheehy in Gaithersburg.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:57 PM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
powertrain is 5/60k, clutch is 1/12k
does the warranty for the clutch include the hydraulic throwout bearing? if that is covered under the drivetrain warranty and that is what caused your clutch issued then your clutch should be covered.

Hope you can get this cleared up asap

I didnt have to change my oem clutch until 190k miles
Old 07-11-2014, 11:09 PM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

another option would be to find out just the labor cost and then on your own buy the Ford OEM parts and hand it to them to put in.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:13 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

It sounds like the fingers on the pressure plate are either weak, bent or both. This would not allow the clutch to release.

Another way to check is to put the car on a flat surface and put it in gear when you crank it. And see if it tries to roll forward with the clutch depressed.

Have you considered that maybe it's the trans that is the issue and not the clutch parts?
Old 07-12-2014, 10:41 AM
CoolStuffForDummies

Originally Posted by JJHoover
does the warranty for the clutch include the hydraulic throwout bearing? if that is covered under the drivetrain warranty and that is what caused your clutch issued then your clutch should be covered.

Hope you can get this cleared up asap

I didnt have to change my oem clutch until 190k miles
190k miles on the stock clutch? Good lord. Yeah I definitely don't think my clutch is going to last even close to half of that. How long did it last with the supercharger installed?

How much power are you making with the blower, anyway? I've always thought the 4.0 or the new 3.7 would both be nice sleepers under boost lol
Old 07-12-2014, 12:38 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

Ford is looking into this.. so we'll see where it goes. I think/hope I've provided enough information for them. My training alone tells me that this isn't a burned out clutch.

worn out clutch = no go/slippage
Old 07-13-2014, 05:06 AM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CoolStuffForDummies
190k miles on the stock clutch? Good lord. Yeah I definitely don't think my clutch is going to last even close to half of that. How long did it last with the supercharger installed?

How much power are you making with the blower, anyway? I've always thought the 4.0 or the new 3.7 would both be nice sleepers under boost lol
I replaced the clutch prior to the S/C, yeah got it in my head to put a S/C on at 200k + miles. As far as power not sure just got the entry level vortec, and still have the vortec can tune on it. vortec advertises 290 Horsepower, 294 lb/ft torque.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:31 AM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

*$360

But yeah, call another dealership. These people's business is making money, and they'll make it anywhere they can. I was told that the paint on my car had lifetime warranty, that is until the hood started bubbling a year later and all of a sudden I'm S.O.L.

Quick Reply: 2013 GT with worn out clutch? Dealership taking advantage