MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005 - 2014 Mustangs (http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Question (http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/711952-question.html)

chuckstur 07-16-2014 12:35 PM

Question
 
I want a 2005 thu 2009 without "Mustang" down the side, and preferably without a spoiler, but with the V8. Is there a particular model that fits the bill?
Thanks
Charlie

BKamp613 07-16-2014 01:12 PM

1) Buy 2005-2009 GT
2) Remove vinyl "Mustang" lettering on rocker panels if equipped
3) Remove spoiler if equipped
4) Enjoy

cema93 07-16-2014 01:14 PM

^^ Pretty simple

Peel of the stickers and unbolt the spoiler

chuckstur 07-16-2014 01:37 PM

Decals and Spoliers
 
Is it obvious that there was a decal, i.e., is the paint "brighter" where it was?

Do the spoiled bolts go through the deck lid?

Thanks
C

johnny_raincloud 07-16-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckstur (Post 8409270)
Is it obvious that there was a decal, i.e., is the paint "brighter" where it was?

Do the spoiled bolts go through the deck lid?

Thanks
C

Depends on the color of the car, how often it sat in the sun, etc...
Nothing a clay bar and a full detail wont fix.

Yes the bolts go through the deck lid. However, another easy fix. Post it up for trade here or find someone with the same color that wasn't equipped with a spoiler.

Derf00 07-16-2014 03:29 PM

I have yet to see a GT with the graphics you speak of. The V6 had them as part of the pony package. You won't find many GT's without the spoiler. IDK without it, to me, a mustang looks like a fleet rental vehicle...

Nuke 07-16-2014 04:39 PM

The decaling and spoiler are parts of 2 different option packages. Its possible to find a Stang with neither or just 1 of the 2.

johnny_raincloud 07-16-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derf00 (Post 8409305)
IDK without it, to me, a mustang looks like a fleet rental vehicle...

This! 100% Agreed...

jz 07-16-2014 05:52 PM

I agree that I've never seen a GT with "Mustang" down the side (factory at least). Plenty of GTs out there with out spoilers too. I think this should be an easy find for you, you're not asking for anything abnormal.

Nuke 07-16-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jz (Post 8409349)
I agree that I've never seen a GT with "Mustang" down the side (factory at least). Plenty of GTs out there with out spoilers too. I think this should be an easy find for you, you're not asking for anything abnormal.

Agreed. And the decals along the rocker panel are typically on the V6, IIRC.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.