Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I get an alignment?

Old 07-17-2014, 06:58 AM
RenGen
Banned

Default Should I get an alignment?

I got new rims+tires around january and they ford tech said I should consider an alignment cause the steering wheel doesnt always sit straight when you come to a stop, but he also said its not a big emergency and living in our town with so many potholes, I could get an alignment then lose it on the way home.

As far as I can tell the tires are wearing evenly so far...should I get one? What all damage can a bad alignment cause besides tires wearing? Do you think all these months of driving without alignment has messed anything else up?
Old 07-17-2014, 08:24 AM
Midasboot

An alignment will ensure that your car drives and brakes straight, and handles properly, making your ride safer. You'll also get better gas mileage because your tires will be properly aligned with the road, decreasing resistance.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:26 AM
RenGen
Banned

Originally Posted by Midasboot
An alignment will ensure that your car drives and brakes straight, and handles properly, making your ride safer. You'll also get better gas mileage because your tires will be properly aligned with the road, decreasing resistance.
sounds good, (especially the MPG part ) I have decided that I will do it because I vowed to take the best care of this car so I will go ahead and schedule the alignment ASAP!
Old 07-17-2014, 08:32 AM
RenGen
Banned

Also my friend said a good alignment will make your car faster because as you said, less resistance.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:42 AM
Midasboot

Find a place where you can get a lifetime alignment, or a package deal with multiple tire rotations and re-balances. Best thing I ever did. Tires are the most important part of the car, take care of them and everything is better!
Old 07-17-2014, 09:00 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RenGen
Also my friend said a good alignment will make your car faster because as you said, less resistance.
OMG...
Old 07-17-2014, 09:06 AM
RenGen
Banned

Find a place where you can get a lifetime alignment, or a package deal with multiple tire rotations and re-balances. Best thing I ever did. Tires are the most important part of the car, take care of them and everything is better!
Ah good idea, what shop did you go to? do any of the franchise type shops do them? how much did it cost? the ford dealer wants 90$ for the alignment.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:10 AM
magnido45
2nd Gear Member

+1...I bought a lifetime alignment at Firestone Complete Auto Care...I go every 6 months (as recommended)...check to see if there is a local chain where you live...it's totally worth the 1 time fee.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:48 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
OMG...
I was hoping no body would acknowledge that...ahh..."post."
Old 07-17-2014, 10:58 PM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

so true good post..mine gained 2mpg on the computer after being aligned.
get it done dude..the fella that did mine said they leave the factory not perfect..
do it and you'll find it drives way better aswell

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Should I get an alignment?