Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEWS: Aria is dead, help me build her successor

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 10:45 AM
stags
3rd Gear Member

Default NEWS: Aria is dead, help me build her successor

Ladies and Gents,

I sincerely apologize for being MIA for a long while- its been a busy couple years with graduating from undergrad, getting a masters degree, and moving to Tennessee to start a well paying full time job.

Earlier this week I was driving to a work meeting when the SUV to my right started to come over without looking. I had to swerve hard to avoid him, was unable to reestablish control, and wound up going into the concrete median at 60 MPH. I was able to walk away with nothing more than a minor concussion and some bruises- which the ER docs called a major miracle.

Sufficed to say, Aria, my beloved 09 V6 Pony Package in red, is totaled, and I am now looking for her replacement amongst the stock of new 2014 GTs left. Some options and initial mods are what I would like your feedback on.

My head is pretty set on a 14 GT Premium Manual.

I am undecided between Ruby Red Metallic or Sterling Gray Metallic with white Le Mans stripes. I have heard that insurance on the Ruby Red car will likely be higher than the Grey. Any validity to this? Comments on both colors welcome.

Track Pack- is it a worthwhile option to add? I am primarily attracted to the Torsen Helical diff and the brembos. If anyone wants to tell me why the Brembo package is better I will listen.

Will a standard rear end at any gear ratio hold up to future mods, notably FI?

Whats the best gear ratio for the 5.0 Coyote? My one reservation about the Track Pack is that the 3.73 gearing might be a little steep especially with the 6 speed tranny.

Honestly, I am really not interested in any other "Upgrades" from the factory. I don't feel a need for the comfort package, rear sensing package, etc. Gear ratio and the brembos are the biggest question here.

There is a short list of mods which will happen off the bat, feel free to comment:

CAI and Tune from Bama. Is adding the Boss manifold worth the extra $? Thinking AIRAID...

Axel back exhaust. REALLY bummed they don't still make Boomtubes. Thinking loudmouths or Flowmaster Outlaws.

Any comments about short throws? Thinking Hurst.

Any and all comments about the aforementioned colors, options, or mods welcomed.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:48 AM
stags
3rd Gear Member

EDIT: The car will be my DD. That said I am a young guy who likes to have a little fun when driving around town or at autocross events. The car will always need to be practical but I am not as concerned about creature comforts
Old 07-20-2014, 12:20 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

That's awful man, sorry to hear about your ride.

Now thinking ahead, personally I say gray with a 3.73 gear ratio, some Loudmouths, and instead of a Hurst an MGW. 4.10s are really annoying on long hauls and will suck gas, Loudmouths sound AWESOME on 5.0s, and I actually own a Hurst and will tell you the MGW performs better. You may like the look of the Hurst more as I do, but MGWs just have too much else going for them to pass up.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:26 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Sorry about Aria. Did you get any pics of the damage? What happened to the other guy, the SUV moron?

Airaid and bama tune is a great choice. IMO wait on the Boss intake. Exhaust, check out Corsa extremes and Borla.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:03 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your car. Did the other car stop and admit fault? We're there witnesses? Or are you stuck with the bill?
Old 07-23-2014, 09:30 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

I'll post pics after all the dust has settled. Everything forward of the engine block basically disintegrated. The car deff saved my life though. And no the other bastard didnt even stop. Got the police report today- they cited it as a hit and run driver incident, I am 0% at fault. And a big shout out to Farmers insurance- they are writing me about $2500 more than I expected. Sufficed to say, I am going to look at some GTs this weekend