Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is my mustang totaled??

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 06:01 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by sbradle4
I would hope that it is totaled. It will never drive the same.
And you base this on what? Because your Daddy told you so?
I say you obviously don't know jack when it comes to car repair...
Old 07-22-2014, 06:26 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
There's no reason to be a $***hole. If there is any frame damage at all it is just never the same. My first car was a mercury sable. I hit a pothole, blew out the tire bent the rim, and hit a wall on the passenger side front. Broke strut, tie-rod and axle. After all repairs made, had to take it in several times because they couldn't get the alignment right, and would pop every time I made a right turn and rattle and clunk with every bump. So, I so have experience Pascal. No reason for you to be an internet bully.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:27 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

For you to make a comment like this, and you being a section moderator, you should be ashamed, and suspended.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:02 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

...If there is any frame damage at all it is just never the same....
OK I was a bit heavy on sarcasm but come on man... and your quote here^^^^^^^^^... proves again that not only you are wrong, but you indeed don't know squat about car repairs mmmmmmkay.
You think that you have experience but you don't, and your old Sable wasn't repaired properly, simple as that.
I on the other end, own a body shop and am familiar with frame damage.
Upon bolting new parts that needed to be replaced, the tech guy should ALWAYS check for tolerances and if it doesn't add up, then an alignment ain't gonna square things up for you.
There is obviously further damage that could be summed up in additional part replacement or frame damage or both.
A decent shop should have a frame machine and a simple tape measure and with these two tools, you can straight out any frame damage.
If the damage is too extensive or costly, then the Ins. Cie will total the car and if it's not an Insurance job, then it's up to the owner to face the expenses if he judges it worthy to do so.
So for you to say that it'll never be the same is simply BS and I called you on it with sarcasm because well sometimes, it calls for sarcasm.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:36 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

OK I was a bit heavy on sarcasm but come on man... and your quote here^^^^^^^^^... proves again that not only you are wrong, but you indeed don't know squat about car repairs mmmmmmkay.
You think that you have experience but you don't, and your old Sable wasn't repaired properly, simple as that.
Upon bolting new parts that needed to be replaced, the tech guy should ALWAYS check for tolerances and if it doesn't add up, then an alignment ain't gonna square things up for you.
There is obviously further damage that could be summed up in additional part replacement or frame damage or both.
A decent shop should have a frame machine and a simple tape measure and with these two tools, you can straight out any frame damage.
If the damage is too extensive or costly, then the Ins. Cie will total the car and if it's not an Insurance job, then it's up to the owner to face the expenses if he judges it worthy to do so.
So for you to say that it'll never be the same is simply BS and I called you on it with sarcasm because well sometimes, it calls for sarcasm.
Allow me to bow to your magnificence and admire your majesty in your infinite wisdom, and your owning the most perfect and best repair shop in the country. All repair shops fail in comparison to the quality of work you perform.

Last edited by sbradle4; 07-22-2014 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:44 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Allow me to bow to your magnificence and admire your majesty in your infinite wisdom, and your owning the most perfect and best repair shop in the country. All repair shops fail in comparison to the quality of work you perform.
Oh, and this ^^^^ is sarcasm. Glad we have an understanding.

Last edited by sbradle4; 07-22-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:04 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

In all seriousness, and to get the thread back on the rails... sfsportsfan, I'm glad you are ok. Hopefully your car can be fixed properly, or that insurance gives you fair value to go towards a replacement.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:29 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

+1

And -0.3 because it seems like the majority of shops struggle with frame repair. The cars of today aren't as easy to repair in some ways as older cars, - speaking only from my personal experience with my vehicles and those of friends / family.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:08 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

i know if that was my car i wouldn't want it back..
hopefully they will write it off dude
Old 07-23-2014, 05:52 AM
MADSCOTSMAN
2nd Gear Member

I semi-agree with the "never be the same" part about the car. THE hardest thing about any accident repair is actually finding a shop that can fix the car correctly, and cares enough to do so. If repaired instead of totaled, it might be the same again eventualy, but more than likely it is going to take multiple trips back to the shop to get it right, based on my experience. I have had several cars in shops in my 40+ years on this planet (throughout 4 states since having my Drivers license) and have yet to find a shop that cares enough (or has enough skills) to do all the repairs correctly in the first visit. EVERY car I have ever had repaired has had to go back to the same shop MUTIPLE times for issues related to **** poor repairs, poor paint, putting obviously damaged parts back on the car, or not finding all the damage. From specialty corvette shops, to dealerships, to mom and pop run shops, I have yet to find one that truly cares about doing the repairs correctly the first time. If anyone has found one of these places, hold on to that unicorn, for the rest of us, keep rolling the dice.... Good Luck to the OP, glad you were not injured and sorry your pony was...

Quick Reply: is my mustang totaled??