Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body Shop guys...get in here please

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 01:14 PM
Brandonscarinfo

Originally Posted by Derf00
Just because there is no law, doesn't mean it's not offered. Tons of people don't know or care about diminished value so of course insurance companies are going to fight one when one is brought to the table.

I only learned about it because a many years ago one of my coworkers had a M series BMW that hot rear-ended. It got fixed but lost almost half it's resale value because of it. The guy got his car fixed and also filed a diminished value claim which covered that lost value. I lived in Cali at the time btw.

Sorry if I made it seem it's a 'slam dunk', it's often not.

I would recommend talking to an attorney (free consult) and see what they say. So long as they are willing to take your case if needed (which of course they will), then go to insurance and let them know you've taken counsel with an attorney and unless they work with you on the diminished value claim, you will have the attorney represent you to bring the claim to a judge in addition billing them the costs of the attorney and your time and/or lost wages for having to go to court.

It's kind of a bluff but Insurance companies are not in the business of spending a lot of time (money) on things. If they can take a shortcut they will.

I am in the process of trying to prove that I am entitled to diminished value...legally. we will see how that goes.

So, the body shop said they redo both my bumpers since the dealership I got it from used the wrong paint.... lol...I always knew it looked super off... so now I am looking at getting front and rear gt/cs bumpers with installation kits.

Can anyone link me or give me part numbers to the cheapest ones?
Old 08-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...r-Bumper-Cover

This is the complete rear bumper cover kit. Best reliable place I've found for it on the internet. The difference between the kit and just the cover is that a cover alone will still require hardware. Some of the hardware is a one-time-use so it would have to be sourced. The kit includes all the hardware.

Same deal for the front bumper kit except note you will need a GT grill instead of the V6 grill.
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ont-Bumper-Kit

GT grill choices
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...-Grille-Emblem
Old 08-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Brandonscarinfo

Originally Posted by Derf00
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...r-Bumper-Cover

This is the complete rear bumper cover kit. Best reliable place I've found for it on the internet. The difference between the kit and just the cover is that a cover alone will still require hardware. Some of the hardware is a one-time-use so it would have to be sourced. The kit includes all the hardware.

Same deal for the front bumper kit except note you will need a GT grill instead of the V6 grill.
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ont-Bumper-Kit

GT grill choices
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...-Grille-Emblem

The front is sold out and I need them asap
Old 08-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Looks like the reputable places are out? I did a search and AM is out, Latemodleresto doesn't even list it right now, Hmm..ebay or Ford.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:21 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Those kits are discontinued guys...
The rear cover only retails for $375 and you don't need any parts from the kit to put it on your car, just re-use your bracket.
So you're good for the back.

The front cover retails for $474 last time I checked but the problem is that, by the time you buy the rest of the parts separately it gets pricey.
The two CS sides grilles retail around $80 a piece, and the lower deflector run about $40 or so.
Then you still need a GT grille with fogs, the GT radiator lower shield and the front fender liners...
Old 08-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Brandonscarinfo

Originally Posted by pascal
Those kits are discontinued guys...
The rear cover only retails for $375 and you don't need any parts from the kit to put it on your car, just re-use your bracket.
So you're good for the back.

The front cover retails for $474 last time I checked but the problem is that, by the time you buy the rest of the parts separately it gets pricey.
The two CS sides grilles retail around $80 a piece, and the lower deflector run about $40 or so.
Then you still need a GT grille with fogs, the GT radiator lower shield and the front fender liners...
I gave my dealership the part numbers and they said they could order them for me. Would take 7 to 10 business days. My dad's friend gave us a discount so it's 281 for the rear kit and 355 for the front kit. I need part numbers for the parts that aren't included in the kits though.

Also...bullitt grille worth it? Or just get a honeycomb with fogs in it?
Old 08-10-2014, 06:53 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Yeah the Bullit grille is fine but you can get the regular GT grille with fogs for cheaper.
I used to have the CS front on my car with the in-board fog lights.
Looked good I thought...