Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body Shop guys...get in here please

Old 07-26-2014, 09:50 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Brandonscarinfo
Umm... wasn't aware that this was an option... I went to the office all state told me to...they estimated the damages and then cut me a check....
That option is only available for Mickey Mouse Ins. Cies. where they don't have their own adjusters or appraisal system.
In your case with Allstate, they won't take some shop estimate but go with their own and if more money is needed it will have to come in the form of a justified supplement and that check will go to the body shop in almost all cases.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:53 AM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
That option is only available for Mickey Mouse Ins. Cies. where they don't have their own adjusters or appraisal system.
In your case with Allstate, they won't take some shop estimate but go with their own and if more money is needed it will have to come in the form of a justified supplement and that check will go to the body shop in almost all cases.
last time I made a claim it was with Geico (not my insurance the other drivers) I told them I would go to the body shop of my choice and they would get an estimate from that body shop. The sent me a check a couple days later. needless to say I got several estimates went with the most expensive and while still going to a competent body shop went to the least expensive.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:59 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

That is weird because it never works like that with my dealings with them.
Was your damage below a Grand? If so, that could explain it.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:16 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Attempting to...other party is disuputing saying he had his door open first.... which is a lie... but even then..the road we were on gives right of way to the cars...
...wtf

I hope this all works out for you, but I'm curious to see what happens with the other driver/insurance especially considering the cops said you were not at fault (especially since other guy parked in front of fire hydrant....lol).
Old 07-27-2014, 12:31 PM
Brandonscarinfo

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
...wtf

I hope this all works out for you, but I'm curious to see what happens with the other driver/insurance especially considering the cops said you were not at fault (especially since other guy parked in front of fire hydrant....lol).
I will call tomorrow and get an update and then update the thread....I am thinking the other party only included pictures of his vehicle and not of mine...
Old 07-28-2014, 11:59 AM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JJHoover
last time I made a claim it was with Geico (not my insurance the other drivers) I told them I would go to the body shop of my choice and they would get an estimate from that body shop. The sent me a check a couple days later. needless to say I got several estimates went with the most expensive and while still going to a competent body shop went to the least expensive.
It was about $2,500
Old 07-28-2014, 06:11 PM
Brandonscarinfo

Originally Posted by JJHoover
It was about $2,500
So far the most expensive quote I got was 4700 and cheapest is 4400
Old 07-29-2014, 12:53 PM
Brandonscarinfo

Someone from Allstate just called me and told me that Diminished Value is an excluded entity in my policy. I have full coverage and he still says it's excluded. I then ask if it's MY policy or all of allstate. He says it's all of Allstate. He then proceeds to say that there is no law in California for diminished value.
http://diminishedvalueexpert.com/california-diminished-value-claims/

I was under the impression that the insurance had to make the WHOLE thing right...diminished value and all... and that I am entitled to that.

Can I please get some advice from the mustang community? Do I need to have a lawyer get involved for my diminished value?
Old 07-29-2014, 05:40 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Read this:
http://www.learnvest.com/knowledge-c...surance-claim/

I understood that the other Party is at fault for your claim, which is Geiko if I remember so go to them.
When it's your fault you're screwed but if not, you're OK, even in CA:
http://chrisj135.hubpages.com/hub/Be...minished-value

You will have to fight it because that's how it is with Ins. Cies but you will win.
Just the mention of the possibility to get an Attorney involved will prompt them to pay out because they know that they're gonna lose plus they will face lawyer/court fees.
I have customers that are pretty good on the phone, lol...
Old 07-30-2014, 02:39 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Someone from Allstate just called me and told me that Diminished Value is an excluded entity in my policy. I have full coverage and he still says it's excluded. I then ask if it's MY policy or all of allstate. He says it's all of Allstate. He then proceeds to say that there is no law in California for diminished value.
http://diminishedvalueexpert.com/cal...-value-claims/

I was under the impression that the insurance had to make the WHOLE thing right...diminished value and all... and that I am entitled to that.

Can I please get some advice from the mustang community? Do I need to have a lawyer get involved for my diminished value?
Just because there is no law, doesn't mean it's not offered. Tons of people don't know or care about diminished value so of course insurance companies are going to fight one when one is brought to the table.

I only learned about it because a many years ago one of my coworkers had a M series BMW that hot rear-ended. It got fixed but lost almost half it's resale value because of it. The guy got his car fixed and also filed a diminished value claim which covered that lost value. I lived in Cali at the time btw.

Sorry if I made it seem it's a 'slam dunk', it's often not.

I would recommend talking to an attorney (free consult) and see what they say. So long as they are willing to take your case if needed (which of course they will), then go to insurance and let them know you've taken counsel with an attorney and unless they work with you on the diminished value claim, you will have the attorney represent you to bring the claim to a judge in addition billing them the costs of the attorney and your time and/or lost wages for having to go to court.

It's kind of a bluff but Insurance companies are not in the business of spending a lot of time (money) on things. If they can take a shortcut they will.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Body Shop guys...get in here please