Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration


Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
MadMike1337
2nd Gear Member
 
MadMike1337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 389
Default Coolant tank for battery relocation

Hey all. I searched and haven't found anything. I'm looking to do a battery relocation and wanted to put a coolant tank in its place and get rid of the Paxton tank. What have you guys done? Looks like i need someone custom from what I have found.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
__________________
2008 GT Paxton NOVI 2200 Supercharger

518rwhp/464rwtq
Johnny Lightning Tuned
MadMike1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:35 AM   #2
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2005 Mustang
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 12,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMike1337 View Post
Hey all. I searched and haven't found anything. I'm looking to do a battery relocation and wanted to put a coolant tank in its place and get rid of the Paxton tank. What have you guys done? Looks like i need someone custom from what I have found.
I am assuming your Paxton is air/water cooled? Which is pretty odd, I thought they were air to air.


My Vortech I had on my 4.0 had a Canton overflow tank in the battery's location.

Like this: https://www.cantonracingproducts.com...5-10-MUSTANGS/
__________________
Eddie
Livernois 298 stroker
2005Redfire6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #3
MadMike1337
2nd Gear Member
 
MadMike1337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 389
Default

My Paxton is air to air. I'm looking for a tank that will work with engine coolant system similar to that link. I currently have a tank that's mounted on the pass side between the head and strut. I wanted to clean it up and move it to the battery location when I move the battery to the trunk.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6 View Post
I am assuming your Paxton is air/water cooled? Which is pretty odd, I thought they were air to air.


My Vortech I had on my 4.0 had a Canton overflow tank in the battery's location.

Like this: https://www.cantonracingproducts.com...5-10-MUSTANGS/
__________________
2008 GT Paxton NOVI 2200 Supercharger

518rwhp/464rwtq
Johnny Lightning Tuned
MadMike1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #4
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2005 Mustang
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 12,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMike1337 View Post
My Paxton is air to air. I'm looking for a tank that will work with engine coolant system similar to that link. I currently have a tank that's mounted on the pass side between the head and strut. I wanted to clean it up and move it to the battery location when I move the battery to the trunk.
Ahh I gotcha, not sure if I have ever seen someone do that before. I am sure it is possible to use the same tank I listed by just extending the hoses.
__________________
Eddie
Livernois 298 stroker
2005Redfire6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:43 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 PM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup