Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-09-2014, 12:06 AM   #11
outceltj
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Mustang Gt

I rarely drive mine anymore but that's bc I work out of state. When I'm home I don't need to go anywhere unless the track is open
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Detroit Rocker Cams, 410's, Saleen Supercharger, afco dual heat exchanger, TCI torque convertor, stage 3 saleen supercharger, dual gt500 fuel pumps, SS Brake Lines, and Power Slot rotors, LCAS, Koni Adjustables, alpine touch screen, PA deep tranny pan, fluidyne radiator, dynotech DS

B302 added3/31/14
11.216 at 123.42MPH
60ft-1.558
Stroked & Blown
outceltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:29 AM   #12
Phil1098

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang GT

My 06 has 4,200 miles on it, I just bought it a few months ago when it had 2,900 on it. I have a company car that comes home so I don't need a car. I have mine because I really like it and I have a nice car to drive when I want to. It's a garage queen by default, not by design.

2006 GT/5MT White/Red leather, FRPP CAI, AM painted chin spoiler, MGW Shifter, FR500 axle backs, 2008 Bullitt shift **** and boot, Bama 93 P tune, 4,200 miles (mine)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 (hers)

2007 Dodge pickup (ours)
Phil1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:29 AM   #13
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCKer View Post
The good news is that after owning my new Mustang GT and using it as a daily driver, I am not allowed to drive my work vehicle home, so I can keep my car at home in the garage!
I'm afraid I can't make any sense out of this. If you're going to miss not driving the Mustang to work, why would you have ever driven the work vehicle home instead of the Mustang? Especially since that implies having to leave the Mustang overnight in places other than your own driveway or garage.

I ordered my black '08 specifically to be my daily driver, which it was for the next four years. Now that I'm also a retiree, it doesn't have to be driven daily, but when I do go somewhere it's still the car I'm most apt to take even though there are two others not counting my wife's DD to choose from.

Although I probably have the time, I just can't bring myself to obsess over the occasional stone chip or even the bug remains. I'll just touch up the chips and since working in a bent-over position is becoming increasingly uncomfortable and unpleasant I don't get too fussy about the bugs very often. Gratuitous picture showing some 120 mph track day bug suicides. Cleaning them off is the lowest-priority of several automotive matters at the moment.

Click the image to open in full size.

Norm

'95 626/V6/5MT (still in the family but not at this address)
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:00 AM   #14
GLOCKer
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014, Mustang, GT

Opps. I typed. I meant to type that I'm now allowed to take home my work vehicle, a 2007 Crown Vic. Driving my Mustang to work was great except I had to either drive it all of the way to work and park way far away because employees in my division are supposed to park on a gravel parking lot and I'd park across the street at a different office on asphalt, or I could drive my car to where I stowed my work car and leave my Mustang there during the day, but then I'd have to worry about people parking next to it in a tight parking lot.

Yeah, I'll miss driving my car during the week, but I'll enjoy the hell out of it during the weekends and keep her looking pretty!
-Mods:Window Tint, MMD Hood Struts, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Eibach Sportline Springs, SR Performance Short Throw Shifter, SVE Shift Knob, Matte Black Fender Hashes, Matte Black 5.0 Emblems, GT Badging on Strut Tower Brace, Ford Racing GT500 Axle-back Exhaust minus resonators, Boss 302 Wheels, AntennaX Antenna
GLOCKer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:07 PM   #15
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 Ford Mustang GT
DLAzrael43 DLAzrael
Send a message via AIM to dlazrael Send a message via Yahoo to dlazrael

you a cop? lol
Paramedic, Calvert Advanced Life Support

Cpl, USMC (Ret.)

2008 Ford Mustang GT: Whipple Charged, Pypes Violators, SCT Tune, Steeda TriAx, ProChamber, Sequentials, OEM 19" 2011 GT/CS Charcoal Wheels, Exedy Mach 500 Clutch w/ LW Flywheel,Steeda S/S-Springs, LCA and UCA
dlazrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #16
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 01 Cobra & 09 Shelby GT500
CarbonDriven Carbon_Driven

After you get the cips restored out of it, put one of those #M clear bras on and no worries when you drive

2009 Shelby GT500 Vapor Metallic Silver w/Ebony Stripes, 20" Vertini Monaco's Rims, Falken 452's, Air Lift Performance Coil-Over Air Bags, Lots of carbon parts, Full MagnaFlow Exhaust, RR Billet 2.65 SC Pulley, 12# Boost, JLT CF CAI, Seq. taillights, 14" ant. (553hp/530tq)

2001 Cobra Vert #1439/3384 (316hp/310tq) COMPLETE Build

Cobra Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:11 PM   #17
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Filling in the chips is pretty easy if you want them to be gone. I have done about 10 on my 2007 mustang. The factory paint on our cars is pretty bad. They barely use 2 coats so it chips and fades easily.

Just go to paintscratch.com and get the correct paint. I use a pinch of bondo, some primer, then paint, then clear. Once you get a knack for it, you can fill holes so good, you can barely tell anything happened.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #18
RetiredSFC 97
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 V6 Mustang Premium

I see no reason to rack up miles on a car if you don't have to no matter what kind of car it is. I'm new to Mustangs but I know there are a lot of vette owners who rarely drive their cars and they have them for years and years and get a lot of enjoyment out of them.

I personally love these guys because at some point you can still find a low mileage well cared for car that they enjoyed in their own way, and now someone else gets to enjoy it. Win win.
RetiredSFC 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:09 PM   #19
jz
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 mustang GT

My 2006 just rolled over 18K miles. It has never been my daily driver. I love taking it out from time to time and it still feeling like a brand new car. My kids love it, and it's a treat for the family when I take everyone for a ride.

06 GT. Steeda Hood, Bumper, F&R sway bars, strut tower brace, struts/shocks, sport springs, HD strut mounts, UDP's, delete plates. Hawk Brake pads. Power Slot Rotors. Goodridge Braided brake Lines. BMR combo UCA, combo/adj LCA's, LCA relocation brackets, adj panhard bar, panhard bar brace. Pro 5.0 shifter. K&N CAI. Magnaflow Magnapacks cat back. FRPP 4.10's. BAMACHIPS SCT 93 tune.
jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:15 PM   #20
roegs
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: none yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97 View Post
I personally love these guys because at some point you can still find a low mileage well cared for car that they enjoyed in their own way, and now someone else gets to enjoy it. Win win.
I'm not so sure its a win win, but I also love buying low mileage cars from the guys who hardly drive them. I end up paying a slight premium for their cars, but its not near as much as the depreciation hit that the seller took.

I love driving mine and am not saving it for anyone else.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:15 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement