Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Good News/Bad News

Old 08-14-2014, 07:18 AM   #21
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97 View Post
I personally love these guys because at some point you can still find a low mileage well cared for car that they enjoyed in their own way, and now someone else gets to enjoy it. Win win.
It's only a true 'win' for you if you can find such a low mileage well cared for car equipped the same way you'd have chosen a new one. Both with the things you want and without the things you don't.

Norm
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Gone but not forgotten dep't: '95 Mazda 626, V6/5M; '79 Chevy Malibu, 4M/5M; '87 Maxima, 5M; '72 Ford Pinto, 4M; '64 Dodge V8/3A . . .

Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:12 AM   #22
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang Premium 3.7 6 Speed Manual

IMHO, life is too short not to enjoy every drive. I drive my 2012 3.7 nearly every day in Wisconsin-when the weather turns I put on the factory 17" wheels with Michelin winter tires and keep driving. When I'm not driving the Mustang, I'm driving an original Honda Shadow or a 2009 Solstice GXP. We have a 2013 F150 4x4 for extreme weather and for wifee to drive in winter.
I refuse to drive, or let any family member drive a rust bucket in the winter. Winter tires are cheaper than buying and maintaining a second vehicle. I do all of the maintenance on all of our vehicles and keep them looking and running great up to 200,000 miles.
Nitto 255/45ZR18 Tires
H&R Sport Front and Rear Sway Bar
J&M lower control arms
TMI adjustable tilt headrests
Gaslock LED Shift ****
Shelby door subs
Sony 200W amp

2009 Solstice GXP Turbo
2013 F150 XLT 4X4
Chromeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #23
mustang country
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang

Yesterday I had to pick up my car from the body shop after I scratched the front passenger side big time while entering a parking garage last Friday. Before that, I scratced the car in the same place a few years back but the damage wasn't that big and I didn't bother to repair it until this past weekend. That's a risk and a small sacrafice you take when you use your Mustang as a Daily Driver. As much as we want to think of our cars as a classic Rolls Royce or Studebaker, they are not. My car does have a tiny hole in the back bumper probably due to a small rock but it's something I can live with. The best thing to do is enjoy your car.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:18 AM   #24
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 4.6 gt with red leather

nothing wrong with taking good car of your car..mine has about 4 tiny stone chips (i never drive close on motorways)
as posted above i only drive mine when it's perfect weather...and when we do take it out it feels special..
the way i keep it everyone stops me and asks me about it..mine will never ever see a drop of rain..hopefully will last me for many years
Old 08-18-2014, 07:43 AM   #25
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 BOSS 302
2012_CO_BOSS_302

congrats on being able to drive the crown vic home....makes you enjoy driving your mustang that much more when you do!

2012 BOSS 302
Competiton Orange/Black

1 of 67 (Car Cover, Floor Mats, No Recaros)
#0614 of 3250 (Overall)

20x9 & 20x11 Gloss Black Forgrstar F14's l 255/35/20 & 305/30/20 Pirelli P-Zero Tires l Eibach Sportlines l BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar l MMD Hood Struts l Shorty Antenna (AntennaX.com) l Sound Pipe Delete (CoolTechLLC.com)
05 Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:26 AM   #26
GTjoe49
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT

+1 on the 3M nose guard. My 74K+ Mustang has endured nose chips like no other car I've owned. It's not perfect, but the plastic sure tales a beating and the paint underneath looks good.

Most of all, enjoy!

2010 GT Premium, 5-Speed Manual
Sterling Gray, Spec 401A Brick Red/Cashmere
Comfort PKG
Electronics PKG
3.73 Rear Axle
19" Machined Wheels
18" 5-Spoke Winter Wheels
GTjoe49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:29 AM   #27
kowalski

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang GT
STP43Petty

I too have a company take home vehicle. It lets me drive my Mustang or F-250 when I WANT to, not when I HAVE to. To me, that's a nice option to have. Maybe I missed it, but has anyone tried the new 3M Paint Defender? Easy to find an a local parts store, but seemed a little pricey for the entire kit. If it works as advertised, that may an answer to your paint chip problem. Would like to hear if anyone has tried it.
kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:57 AM   #28
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014, Mustang, GT

I tell you, it's days like today that I'm definitely happy I'm not driving my 'Stang into work everyday. It's miserable out! I enjoy driving my Mustang. I found my drive to and from work in it was boring though; basically I drive two roads, a big boring "L" shaped route to and from work.

The alternative was I could drive it half way to work and then drive my "company" car the rest of the way. It was parked in a tight parking lot with a lot of, ummmm, undesirable traffic. And then there were the maple trees dropping little black sticky drops on everything.

I am not drive my Mustang as much anymore, but I'm sure as glad it's in my garage not having boring miles added to the odometer.

Now I just need to clay bar and wax her!
-Mods:Window Tint, MMD Hood Struts, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace with GT Badging, Eibach Sportline Springs, SR Performance Short Throw Shifter, SVE Shift ****, Matte Black Fender Hashes, Matte Black 5.0 Emblems, FRPP GT500 Axle-back Exhaust minus resonators, Boss 302 Coil Covers, Boss 302 Wheels, AntennaX Antenna, Sound Tube Delete, Roush Front Splitter, FRPP TracKey
GLOCKer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:57 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement