Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good News/Bad News

Old 08-08-2014, 01:19 PM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Default Good News/Bad News

The good news is that after owning my new Mustang GT and using it as a daily driver, I am now allowed to drive my work vehicle home, so I can keep my car at home in the garage!

The bad news is that now that I don't have to use my three month old Mustang as a daily driver anymore, I decided to make it look really nice and I noticed that the stone chips are ridiculous! ARGHHHHHH! After just a couple of months of driving it, I've collected about 10 to 15 stone chips on the front bumper and hood. It just makes me cringe.

I guess more bad news is that I'll miss driving it all of the time and hearing my new exhaust, but I'm very happy to be keeping her out of the elements and to keep the mileage off of her!

Last edited by GLOCKer; 08-09-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:33 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Why buy a New GT to not want to drive it? Just curious as to what the line of thinking is there? Its not like its a rare collector car. It's actually quite a common vehicle, not very expensive and easy maintenance wise.

Not picking on you here Glocker. I agree it's nice to have a nice ride for the weekends. And maybe something to hand down to the kids. But unless its a leased vehicle which would mean it has to come back after the term in good condition or a a starter vehicle that you figure you might trade in one day for something better or even a real collectable it just makes sense to be driven and enjoyed. ???? Enlighten me here.

It will make for good "food for thought" either way.

---
Old 08-08-2014, 01:43 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Black cars are difficult to own. Every little nick and imperfection shows up, there is no hiding them. Now that you have those first few imperfections done just enjoy your car. No vehicle is enjoyable to own if your worried too much about a scratch or rock chip. Its never gonna stay perfect do dont fight it, it isnt worth it.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:53 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

I don't drive my GT either. I choose to drive my little 2.3L everywhere.

I think the s197 cars are just too big and my fox, although ALOT slower, is more fun to drive.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:18 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I bought my GT in '07 and it wasn't and isn't my DD. Other than driving it about every other weekend on a 800+ mile round trip for the first 1 1/2 years, it sits in the garage for the occasional leg stretching or local club gathering. Sometimes I'll use her on long trips but not very often. She was 7 years old this past June and she only has a little over 42k miles on the odometer. But the wood I get when I pull out of the driveway! DAYUM!!!!
Old 08-08-2014, 02:59 PM
dseg
1st Gear Member

Sucks you can't drive it anymore but you seem to think that is mostly good news.
I DD my Mustang GT and after the first week I realized I needed a clear bra. Invisible shield on the front of your car and not one chip after. Not sure why cars do not come with these...
I am also not sure why people like to leave these sports cars in their garage and only driving them on weekends. Maybe just keeping the mileage off them for the next owner?

I agree with Cruzinaround. People that leave GTs in their garage should have bought a nice hybrid or something. Rather than buy a nice GT while they drive their pos DD around 95% of year.
If you don't drive it, why buy it? I just do not get it...

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
Why buy a New GT to not want to drive it? Just curious as to what the line of thinking is there? Its not like its a rare collector car. It's actually quite a common vehicle, not very expensive and easy maintenance wise.

Not picking on you here Glocker. I agree it's nice to have a nice ride for the weekends. And maybe something to hand down to the kids. But unless its a leased vehicle which would mean it has to come back after the term in good condition or a a starter vehicle that you figure you might trade in one day for something better or even a real collectable it just makes sense to be driven and enjoyed. ???? Enlighten me here.

It will make for good "food for thought" either way.

---
Old 08-08-2014, 03:54 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by GLOCKer
The good news is that after owning my new Mustang GT and using it as a daily driver, I am not allowed to drive my work vehicle home, so I can keep my car at home in the garage! ...
It's still a beautiful vehicle, GLOCKer! Enjoy it when as much as you can!

Deysha
Old 08-08-2014, 05:07 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

My '08 GT Vert has only 22,550 miles on it.....thank you previous owner for only driving it 17,000 miles until I bought it Nov. 2013. I do not daily drive it.....but I am retired and have no reason to leave the property on some days.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:09 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

It's your car, drive it (or don't) however you want to.

I'm going to be buying a cheap pickup in the near future to use as a DD and for the winter months and save the Mustang for the weekends. It's not that I don't enjoy driving it, quite the opposite, it's just because I want that experience to stay special. It's a mental thing mostly. I don't care what others say about that, it's none of their business.

You just do what makes you happy (and don't worry about paint chips on a black car, you're starting to sound like Rudolph )
Old 08-08-2014, 11:45 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

My 08 has 16k miles....drive it once a week. Going to keep it for my son...he's 4 now

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good News/Bad News